Where can I play basketball

Hi, I suggest you search on Sheffield Uni's website which returns several pages of results for basketball:

Sheffield University

From the looks of it, there are several departmental basketball teams but I'm sure that the uni has a league team too. Good luck and hope you enjoy Sheffield when you get here.

Hi Steve, good Chinese name there.

Sheffield has some excellent basketball facilities but opportunities to play in leagues are limited and depend very much on your ability.

If you play to a high standard in China you should be looking to a National League team.

If you just want to play as a hobby then there are local leagues but the standard is mixed.

The University will have a team but will not play as often as local or national league teams.

PM me with details of your present club/standard and I will put you in touch with a couple of coaches in the Sheffield area.

Andy

Many thanks!

My task is to conduct academic research on company law etc;just want to play basketball as a hobby.I love it very much.now eveeryday afternoon I would play at least 2.5 hours,but joing a league seems impossible.

Same here. I had trained with the Derby Storm youth crew a couple of times before they folded. Haven't played in a long long time, so I bet my range and overal play would be a bit rusty, but I could get it back. Thanks to my coach I was also able to meet Alton Byrd and Kevin Cadle several times and hang out with them, both top guys who were even nice enough to write to me every now and again and send me signed photos and stuff.

I have looked into the possibilities, are the University arrows or whatever they're called any good? I am keen to play at a competitive standard. Cheers.

Oh, what are you coming to study Steve? I'm coming to do Law.

Originally posted by Jonesy

Oh, what are you coming to study Steve? I'm coming to do Law.

Jonesy,I'm coming to study company law.Will you try for LLM in Sheffield? Maybe we could meet in Law department.

We should set up a forum basketball team to play in the Sharks recreational leagues, i'm sure there's enough people who would be up for it. The leagues are great, mixed sex teams and it's for those who love the game.

Originally posted by duffman

We should set up a forum basketball team to play in the Sharks recreational leagues, i'm sure there's enough people who would be up for it. The leagues are great, mixed sex teams and it's for those who love the game.

A good idea!Let the people who love bball enjoy the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, its your lucky day .....

Im the vice captain for University of Sheffield 1st team Basketball and I now run the university team. Anyone who loves basketball can play on our training sessions on Sundays, and 1st team have special training at other times.

For more info check out our brand new website at:

http://www.geocities.com/shefunibball/home.html

You can also e-mail us from the site and I will answer any questions you have.

Steve (from Liverpool, not China)

A fan for the Sheffield Hatters told me about the forum. I am a native Sheffielder living in Connecticut. Our State is a hotbed of college basketball, with the great University of Connecticut Huskies women's team , five times NCAA champs. and the men's team two times winner. In the coming Olympics you'll be likely to see some of our graduates in action. Look out for Sue Bird, Swin Cash, or particularly Diana Taurasi considered by many to be the best player ever. It will inspire players and watchers alike

Archived