The Earl has closed - Shame

Sam @ Dearne

aye I was supposed to be playing there this friday aswell.

**** it lets do it anyway :hihi:

I wish we could, just been told as well I need to pay 50% of my main dj's fee as it was cancelled at such short notice. Just gets worse and worse!

I've always rated plug, but then friday we arranged to go and see sander kleinenberg there for birthday celebrations, we found out that it was only going to be in one side........the other side was reflective allnighter. I thought this was mad! 1) Limit is bang next door with the same music 2) Even though you couldn't cross over the crowds of people are so very different, there was some right grief outside the club.

I've always rated plug, but then friday we arranged to go and see sander kleinenberg there for birthday celebrations, we found out that it was only going to be in one side........the other side was reflective allnighter. I thought this was mad! 1) Limit is bang next door with the same music 2) Even though you couldn't cross over the crowds of people are so very different, there was some right grief outside the club.

We were there for Sander and noticed the police searching people as they came out(!), but it seemed they we concentrating on the Live room rather than those coming out of Reflective :confused:

gutting :(

The whole shebang stinks I reckon, all the effort people put into their nights has gone to pot. It does annoy that this was probably coming a long way back, people just don't sell up over 24hrs and you don't get bailiffs turn up out of the blue, so it appears there could have been a warning given. I dunno, just speculating really, but this can't have been a suprise to the Earl. :huh:

I was really looking forward to it, as was everyone involved and those who were coming to have a jig about to the quality music. :(

it was all done without notice. at this time, we still don't quite understand all the nuts and bolts to do with the situation. it wasn't a traditional type bailiff situation, but the landlord (aka Enterprise Inns) taking the first steps to ensure vacant possession and us not being able to trade this weekend.

initially, i was informed that this situation was temporarily and things would be resolved after the weekend, but it now seems that someone else might have taken up the lease and vacant possession was required.

we surely wouldn't have gone through all the effort of refurbishing (at our own expense, not the landlord's) and filling up our date book so we'll have events on every night of the week from next weekend if we even had the slightest inkling the whole thing would be pulled from under our feet?

it was all done without notice. at this time, we still don't quite understand all the nuts and bolts to do with the situation. it wasn't a traditional type bailiff situation, but the landlord (aka Enterprise Inns) taking the first steps to ensure vacant possession and us not being able to trade this weekend.

initially, i was informed that this situation was temporarily and things would be resolved after the weekend, but it now seems that someone else might have taken up the lease and vacant possession was required.

we surely wouldn't have gone through all the effort of refurbishing (at our own expense, not the landlord's) and filling up our date book so we'll have events on every night of the week from next weekend if we even had the slightest inkling the whole thing would be pulled from under our feet?

Cheers for the explanation boss, it seems like someone somewhere hasn't been quite straight with you guys either then. Such a shame, I take it this affects yourself and the staff to? Any news on what the new owner will be doing?

Archived