Anyone got a review of the online census?

Tets

Hi tets you could look at the who do you think you are bbc site.

Some parish registers are on line or try family history societies, who may look things up for you in different parts of the country.Try googling a surname and an area see what comes up.You never know! Best of luck.

Hi tets you could look at the who do you think you are bbc site.

Some parish registers are on line or try family history societies, who may look things up for you in different parts of the country.Try googling a surname and an area see what comes up.You never know! Best of luck.

O.K. Thanks a lot. I am gradually finding my way around these Societies. I am however profoundly deaf and have some difficulties with phones and crowded areas. Online information is more comfortable for me. However I have dealt with several F.H Societies and have been to archives at Chesterfield and a very good one for Derbyshire links at Matlock. I do thank you for your kind remarks.

O.K. Thanks a lot. I am gradually finding my way around these Societies. I am however profoundly deaf and have some difficulties with phones and crowded areas. Online information is more comfortable for me. However I have dealt with several F.H Societies and have been to archives at Chesterfield and a very good one for Derbyshire links at Matlock. I do thank you for your kind remarks.

I had an ear infection this jan so know what it is like to be hard of hearing if only tempoary. When I was ill doing family history took my mind off the pain and kept me going.You can do a bit or a lot and there is always something new to get your teeth into. Don't forget to write about yourself as well, as the story of your family begins there.Also send letters to relatives, newspapers and magazines.

I intend to visit chesterfield archives as found an ancestor who was in chesterfield.regards.

Nice thoughts. Thanks. You'll like Chesterfield Archives. Very tidy,clean and friendly. However,my luck, spent alot of time there ,but found little. Matlock,brilliant for me. Found much information for Eckington, Ridgeway area and was facinated to find masses about the Sitwell family at Renishaw. Anyway thank you again.

Also - Free BMD and Family search.org (which the Mormons created) are good free on line resources - they get a bit busy though so it helps if your a night owl

was going to add these but you beat me to it :D

just wanted to say that the staff at the local studies library in sheffield are very nice and helpful. I went in a couple of years ago whilst researching my family tree, and mentioned to one of the staff that i was looking for a particular surname - turns out one of the chaps who works there had the same surname - he came and said hello, and when he looked at my family tree it turns out we were related via g-g-g-grandfathers!!! (give or take a generation or 2 - cant remember how many!!)

small world eh?:D

Is the local studies library different to the Archives down near the Leadmill - if so the staff there are good too and they will always try to order things (copies) from other parts of the region / country if they can - so preventing lots of travel if your family history is a bit geographically diverse

Nice thoughts. Thanks. You'll like Chesterfield Archives. Very tidy,clean and friendly. However,my luck, spent alot of time there ,but found little. Matlock,brilliant for me. Found much information for Eckington, Ridgeway area and was facinated to find masses about the Sitwell family at Renishaw. Anyway thank you again.

My dad thinks we are related to sitwell family, but not found any proof yet.I have a book called left hand right by osbert sitwell, which mentions the denisons, our connection or not.

Archived