Was Anyone In Reney Avenue Children's Home?

Hi Teeny, i remember Diane n Jamie, didnt know their surname though, Diane was Jamies big sister but you wouldn't know it, they were always fighting ;)

I remember a Julie Morris and a black lad called Jay Jay and a few others all from around 1983-1986, just cant remember their names :(

Jay was Jason Williams, Diane's surname was different but i dont recall it, she was in 174. Iwas there with Trish Mitchell, Sharon Hartley, Nigel Wragg and many others in the 80's...

:hihi:

Julie,

Thanks for your reply regarding the children's homes on Reney Avenue,i was at 174,and the person in charge at 172 at that time was a man called Mr Smith,perhaps you had heard of him while you were there

The house of 172 was all male at that time,though the house i was in was a mixed home,and like i said we had some good times,perhaps you did too,but from the kids who lived at 172 Mr Smith was not a very popular person.

I have only managed to get in touch with one person from the time i was there,and was hoping that there would have been others who remembered me or the homes around that time,but i still live in hope,thanks again Julie for your reply.

Dave x

• 1 month later...

Are you in Benalmadena Julie or have you just not updated your profile? If you are and seeing as we are about 30 minutes apart any chance of meeting up?

A signed copy of your book wouldn't go amiss either (I would pay of course)! :D:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

I know this thread is dated but I thought I would give it a whirl!

My name is Kathryn Monaghan, my Mum, Judith, was manager or something at one of the reney avanue homes, I remember JJ and trisha, I also remember some others but names are hazey as I was very very young although I know someone used to babysit me!

I also remember Jane, the blind girl that lived in the downstairs flat?

Kathryn

• Like 1

I was just watchin a programme and remembered about this post...

Kathryn-anne! YES!!! Your dad is Kevin your mum's fave phrase when she was frustrated with him use to be "OH Keveeeeen!" and JJ use to imitate her!

i loved your mum dearly, she could see which way my life was heading, she tried to stop my life going off the rails but couldnt prevent my rollercoaster ride.

turned my life around now

Edited by juliemorris

• 5 months later...

I was at 172 reney avenue from 1976-1980.i lived with my brother,rashid.mr and mrs smith were in charge and other staff were,mrs hunt,mrs swan,mrs marsh and mrs goodchild the cleaner.other kids in the home were asif,paul and robert hobson,the white brothers,neil goring and a few others i cant remember their names.i knew diane and jamie johnson from the home next door,charles barnard,a lad called wombat.they were the best days of my life.going sledging down beauchief,golf ball finding.holidays to bridlington.did anybody know me.my name is hassan (was rahman) now bannister.

• Like 1

Jay was Jason Williams, Diane's surname was different but i dont recall it, she was in 174. Iwas there with Trish Mitchell, Sharon Hartley, Nigel Wragg and many others in the 80's...

:hihi:

hi i was in 174 with dian and her surname was johnson sh sad 2 brothers my names sarah wilson

my name was sarah wilson wen i lived in 174 get in touch if you think you now me i am getting on now and live in linconshire with my family.had some good times there but dont remember names very well .still kept in touch with old jim clark '

Edited by sarahkit