Research - Pe In Schools / Sheffield - What Do You Think?

go4it

Doing some research and would appreciate it if people could help out with views / opinions etc.

When you were at school what did you think of PE? Did you love it, hate it? What do you think of PE in schools now? Are Sheffield schools better or worst in PE than schools from other areas?

Many thanks!

I hated PE in secondary but then I wasn't sporty. There was a definate divide if you were tall and athletic the PE teachers were very attentive if not you just got left behind.

We had John Sherwood at FPS and Mrs Codona ? (sheffield hatters coach) so as you can imagine they pushed us quite alot.

My kids love it. The youngest in primary does basketball, rugby, footy and rounders.

The eldest has just started at wisewood which is a sports academy and though he wasnt sporty in primary he has just got into the football team so their emphasis on health and sport is obviously rubbing off. He is actually willing to do extra sport after school :P

• 2 weeks later...

i personally loved PE in secondary and primary school although it was a piece of cake we chose what we did so i usually chose football with the lads and usually our year in PE consisted of Football, Rounders, Bench Ball and orienteering (this was a good way to do nothing)

But now my siblings love PE for all the right reasons they have a schedule and do all sorts of sports athletics,football,dancing,gym,rounders etc etc and i know its better for them all round and keeps them fit and in tone.

P.E is a hit and miss subject i think you either love it or you hate it depends on the person.

Archived