Born in the 40's, 50's, 60's??

It was like being in the Army, they ispected every thing, I remember well covering thebooks with hard brown paper, why couldn't we have used newspaper I wonder ?

Also swapping comic books with the kids of the street, then re-swapping with another friend...went on and one before we had all read them.

Taking bottles back to the pub, we were a bit ashamed doing that though, I was anyhow,hated it when I met someone on the way and the bottles were rattling in the bag.

Probably the sound of your teeth rattling with the cold !!! Sitting outside the Magnet Pub at Southey, waiting for our dad to bring us a packet of crisps out. Now the flippin kids sit and dine with their parents.Pub lunches.How lucky are they ? Dont know there born.!

Probably the sound of your teeth rattling with the cold !!! Sitting outside the Magnet Pub at Southey, waiting for our dad to bring us a packet of crisps out. Now the flippin kids sit and dine with their parents.Pub lunches.How lucky are they ? Dont know there born.!

I remember waiting outside the pub and our dad bringing us a packet, that contained a pickled onion, a triangular cheese spread, and two ritz crackers. can anyone else remember them? :)

Look at these folks.

PIC 1

PIC 2

PIC 3

PIC 4

Brings back a few eh? (Not for me like cus am only a pup). :hihi:

They're taken at the Castle Museum in York aren't they - went last year - the fireplace and range in Pic 2 is identical to the one in the house my gran lived in from the '30's through to the '80's (I was born at her house in the 50's).

She used to boil the kettle over the fire, bake bread in the big oven and my grandad used to keep sticks for lighting the fire in the little one above it.

I remember waiting outside the pub and our dad bringing us a packet, that contained a pickled onion, a triangular cheese spread, and two ritz crackers. can anyone else remember them? :)

you can still get them. but it was cream crackers, not ritzes in them

For some reason, they are called "ploughman's lunch"

*huh?*