Born in the 40's, 50's, 60's??

Hi to you all

Just had to register after reading the threads as you call it. I am new to all this. i came along this site by accident. what a great topic. my husband wonderd what i was laughing at. I relate to most of your fond memories.

i agree the old days were good days. but i also remember my mum saying that too. I remember the first colour tv we had in about 1965 i was around 10 years old. i couldnt imagine what the grass would look like when the football was on, even though i didnt like football.

dose anyone remember the sweets called lucky numbers. we use to eat them as a treat watching the london pladiam.

Hi to you all

Just had to register after reading the threads as you call it. I am new to all this. i came along this site by accident. what a great topic. my husband wonderd what i was laughing at. I relate to most of your fond memories.

i agree the old days were good days. but i also remember my mum saying that too. I remember the first colour tv we had in about 1965 i was around 10 years old. i couldnt imagine what the grass would look like when the football was on, even though i didnt like football.

dose anyone remember the sweets called lucky numbers. we use to eat them as a treat watching the london pladiam.

number 9 was my favourite

In my humble opinion there is only one cure and that is to make people accountable for their actions regardless of age and any excuses of an underprivaliged childhood,it seems to me that if a criminal is under 18 then they are treated with kid gloves and a social worker will say that they havent had the best of upringing!oh dear,does that give anyone the right to behave as they wish and hang the consequences!!!I think not,my father died when I was nine and my mother brought me up alone as well as running a business and if I got in any scrapes either at school or with the police then she would deal with me also!!above all I was taught to respect others and their quality of life something that appears to be sadly lacking in todays society,sorry to go on but I feel very strongly that ordinary decent folk are denied the freedom to do and go where they please because of a minority!!!there ive finished now!!!!!
Well said ,being a1 finger man you saved me posting the same comments, Arthur.

Great thread about not having much but if you were of Jamaican parents back then oh boy!!!!, you guys had a walk in the park.

We had the West Indian attitude to parenting........straight from the islands and believe me it was not nice or pretty.

Telling my kids today and they cannot believe it until I tell them to ask their grandmother who reluctantly confirms my upbringing, but it has kept me in good stead and I try to pass on the good points (very few) to my kids who are thank, God turning out quite well....if not under the threat of " What upbringing do you want......Jamaican or English?"

It always works...

everyone should be accountable for their actions. not the case this day and age. it seems if you are a good citizen then look out. everyone has a past not all good most of the time. look forward and be positive works a treat. put yur troubles in your old kit bag and smile.

There seem to be no disapline anywhere, free for all country now. I remember that when we say a policeman comming down the street even if we were being good we would stand up straight and be scared he would give us a smack round the ear just in case we were up to something. If he did and we ran home to tell the tail then as sure as anything we would get another one. ah the good old days.

Am I allowed to contribute to this thread , I was born in 1932. The world today would be unrecognisable to my Grandma, she was a real Tartar. She told us that when she was small she saw Buffalo Bill's circus when he came to Sheffield. One of my early recollections is of being taken to a park where we all stood around gazing into the sky - then to great sounds of awe we saw a couple of bi-planes, they must have been doing 50mph.

• 2 weeks later...