Born in the 40's, 50's, 60's??

I have recently found this page in the Forum. Have I laughed. Thanks to all who have subscribed to the memories of my early and not so early years.I was brought up at Firth Park and Shiregreen and have so many memories. it would be really good to catch up with any of the people registered. I now live in Ecclesfield but have contact with lots of old friends and would like to chat with anyone who was brought up in the same area in the late 40's, 50's and early 60's. Monica

On a hillside stands a maiden who she is i do not know

All she wants is gold and silver all she wants is a nice young man

I think that's a traditional song, tara., however! -

they are the words to the theme song used in the "liver Birds" in the 60's and 70's

"y' dancin?"

"y' askin?"

"Ah'm Askin'!"

Ah'm dancin'!"

*SFX penny whistle*

"On a hillside stands a maiden

who she is i do not know

All she wants is gold and silver

all she wants is a nice young man

nah-nah na-na,

nah-nah na-na

nah-nah na-na

nah-nah na-na"

lol

ahh, memories!

I have recently found this page in the Forum. Have I laughed. Thanks to all who have subscribed to the memories of my early and not so early years.I was brought up at Firth Park and Shiregreen and have so many memories. it would be really good to catch up with any of the people registered. I now live in Ecclesfield but have contact with lots of old friends and would like to chat with anyone who was brought up in the same area in the late 40's, 50's and early 60's. Monica

I was brought up in the same area, spent many happy hours sliding down the donkey hill in Firth park, or trying to walk out to the fountain in the boating lake. I was easily pleased, lol.

Not had such a good laugh for a long time.Memories, the youngsters of today will never have memories like these and will never be able to laugh at the things we laugh at.Better than watching the t.v.

Hi, Welcome to the Forum! It's great fun isn't it?

I Remember playing with lollipop sticks in the mud and we called it slop dosh.

Also have memories of skipping and dipping songs and sayings.

On a hillside stands a maiden who she is i do not know

All she wants is gold and silver all she wants is a nice young man

choose your lover . And dip dip dash etc one potato two potato,

film star game , british bulldog, and later on french skipping and whip and top.

what about kick can & delevo.

Slop dosh! LOL.Not heard that for donkeys years! Can you imagine kids today amusing themselves with a puddle of rainwater and a bit of soil,making mud pies with wooden lollipop sticks? We did! :)

What about Kiss Catch? I wonder if kids play that today.:hihi:

I remember running errands and taking bottles back for the price of going to the pictures.Taking rags to the rag shop.

Going to the coke house with an old pram or a barrow.

Being told not to play round the fever grates or i would get tin can cancker.

Sunday dinnertime when all you could hear from every house was two way family favourites.Billy Cotton bandshow.Ron and Eth.and Jimmy Clitheroe.

The women would all stand on the doorsteps mixing the yorkshire pudding to get some air into it.excuse for a gossip I think.

And if you had just had a baby and had not been churched you had to sit outside you would not be allowed into anyones home with the baby until you had been churched.Anyone remember this.

I remember running errands and taking bottles back for the price of going to the pictures.Taking rags to the rag shop.

Going to the coke house with an old pram or a barrow.

Being told not to play round the fever grates or i would get tin can cancker.

Sunday dinnertime when all you could hear from every house was two way family favourites.Billy Cotton bandshow.Ron and Eth.and Jimmy Clitheroe.

The women would all stand on the doorsteps mixing the yorkshire pudding to get some air into it.excuse for a gossip I think.

And if you had just had a baby and had not been churched you had to sit outside you would not be allowed into anyones home with the baby until you had been churched.Anyone remember this.

hi iremember all of that and not daring to make asound on sunday morning cos archers were on me mam missed in the week so she had to hear every word on sunday and having to go to sunday school and there was no getting away with it has you got a star on your card and at to show it when you got home playing kick can and knock adoor run such fun times lots of nice memories