Born in the 40's, 50's, 60's??

Hi Brian,it was my job too,because it came under the heading "girls jobs"And to Lucifer,you brought back a memory.We used to call our bums the black hole of calcutta

HI YA AGAIN LINDA, YES I THINK I REMEMBER THAT SAYING, TELL YER WHAT I HAD WHITE UNDER PANTS AND THE NEWS PAPER USE TO LEAVE BLACK MARKS INSIDE THEM.

I REMEMBER LOOKING THROUGH THE MIRROR AT MY BACKSIDE AND I HAD

AN INPRINT OF 1953 AND IT TOOK DAYS FOR IT TO COME OFF. HIHI

:hihi::hihi:

does anybody remember making ski,s by splitting

a bamboo cane in half steaming the ends with a kettle

so they turned up at the ends and then you just stood on them and hoped,this was late 40s up Crookes.

I remember living in Crookes, 175 Crookes to be exact, I remember waking up to find two feet of snow then getting into the town centre where it was just wet on the floor. Crookes is a different world in winter so yes you probably needed skis.:cool:

I remember living in Crookes, 175 Crookes to be exact, I remember waking up to find two feet of snow then getting into the town centre where it was just wet on the floor. Crookes is a different world in winter so yes you probably needed skis.:cool:

I don't have to go back in time to see a lot of snow. I'm looking out the window now at 3 feet on the ground, wind gusts up to 90kph blowing the snow into drifts. Wind chill in the minus twenty something. It's like the Arctic. All events around this province canceled. Roll on Spring, whenever that is. :help:

Edited by soft ayperth

I don't have to go back in time to see a lot of snow. I'm looking out the window now at 3 feet on the ground, wind gusts up to 90kph blowing the snow into drifts. Wind chill in the minus twenty something. It's like the Arctic. All events around this province canceled. Roll on Spring, whenever that is. :help:

What do you expect, get out with a shovel and get working.:wave:. Can you see me ?.

When I dream about Crookes and my childhood its always deep in snow, and we are shopping on Crookes. Me mum and nan. I have a picture in my house now of the top of School rd. showing the post office and butchers ,yes its snowing !