Born in the 40's, 50's, 60's??

The making of izal started in 1885, from 1 to 200 it killed the germs of

diphtheria, typhoid fever, fowl cholera swine fever and warded off

other infections.

In 1920 saw the start of toilet paper simply away of advertising,

izal toilet paper was first sold to the public in 1922.

• 2 weeks later...
:hihi: Bravo! Bravo! Well Done! You made it, Bravo! {stood in front of PC giving you all a round of applause for your outstanding achievement!} how the bloody hell did you lot survive??:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

do i see a little sarcasm in your letter, just to say if your parents hadn't lived through those times where would you be. like in my case my relatives came from different parts, like grandparents that were from nottingham, one the daughter of a gypsy, scotland,boston, so i'm grateful they met when they did.,

Do I qualify, born 1932, early years were spent in Shirehall Rd. Shiregreen. I think we must have been the first occupants of that house.

Over qualified, but a welcome guest :) I don't suppose you remember my Uncle Harry (Skip) Kelford who lived around those parts?

Hi Brian,thanks for the reply,nearly choked on my fag,I was lauging so much.

------------------

HI AGAIN LINDA B,

DONT CHOKE ON YER NEXT CIGGIE, THROUGHOUT THE 1920s DRAWINGS APPEARED ON TOILET ROLLS, THEN IN THE 1930s NURSERY RHYMES

WAS PUT ON.

HEAR`S ONE FOR YOU,-----

MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB

IT`S FLEECE WAS FULL OF GERMS,

SHE PUT IT IN AN IZAL BATH

AND NOW ITS FULL OF PERMS.

JACK AND JILL CLIMBED UP THE HILL

TO-DAY WE CALL IT HIKING,

AN IZAL BATH AS AN AFTERMATH

WAS GREATLY TO THEIR LIKING.

YOU DIDN`T GET THAT ON NEWS PAPER AND IT DIDN`T LEAVE PRINT

MARKS. HIHI :hihi::hihi:

• 8 years later...
On 31/03/2007 at 14:42, Sparkytom said:

Hi, I've only just caught up with this thread. I was in the Sheffield Schools choir from 1952 to 1955. We did make two records one of which was "Nymphs and Shepherds" but can't remember the flip side. I still have the second one which was "Jerusalem" and "Non Nobis Domine'". The recording was made at a girls school around Abbeydale and the conductor was H.E. Hall who was the choir master all the time I was in the choir. I also have a photo taken during the recording. If anyone is interested send me your off line address and I will forward the photo and also the recording in MP3.

Hi sparkytom - I know I am a bit late to this thread (!) but my father was in the choir and for years and years he has searched for a copy of the recording. My father turns 80 soon and I’d love to be able to share a recording and a photo with him.

thank you so much

No Nobis Dominine was our School Song

Remember the school choir always sang it at Speech Day held annually at the Sheffield Montgomery Hall - always on a Thursday evening and the following day was always "A Merit Holiday"

I was at Woodhouse Grammar School 1951 to 1957 (born 1940, now almost 79)

Malaysia in many ways is like the UK 25/30 years ago - the indigenous Malay adults seem to think and act like teenagers

Victor Hutchinson - living in Malaysia since end of 2006 

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2006 at 17:00, flashbang said:

I remember waiting outside the pub and our dad bringing us a packet, that contained a pickled onion, a triangular cheese spread, and two ritz crackers. can anyone else remember them? :)

If I remember they were called "Billions" does that ring a bell?,could be wrong!.