Frecheville. Anyone else experience any 'supernatural' goings on over last 30yrs?

Did you know about the jet that crashed on 26 May 1955 just below the junction of Silkstone Road and the bottom of Silkstone Cres? Apparently the 21yr old pilot was on a training flight from RAF Manton, Worksop and was killed instantly when his plane dived steeply and exploded on impact with the ground. It landed only 20yds from the nearest houses.

• 1 month later...
Did you know about the jet that crashed on 26 May 1955 just below the junction of Silkstone Road and the bottom of Silkstone Cres? Apparently the 21yr old pilot was on a training flight from RAF Manton, Worksop and was killed instantly when his plane dived steeply and exploded on impact with the ground. It landed only 20yds from the nearest houses.

Yeah this is somewhere on another thread..or I saw it on sheffield history site. My dad remembers this too...it was near where the old doctors clinic on birley moor rd..next to dexels on the field adjacent.

Oh my goodness, now there's a memory...... I was 10 at the time and actually saw it.......

• 7 years later...

Lived on frecheville since 2002 since then I've experienced maybe a half dozen night terrors (the feeling of being pinned to the bed but unable to move) but one sticks in my mind the most, an apparition of a old looking tall thin man scruffy with long hair possibly a beard, a trench/rain coat walking around the foot of the bed with a large knife. He disappeared when he was halfway up the bed and I drifted off to sleep as quick as the episode had happened, i thought it was just that, a night terror a bad one at that but never the less until today. The builders have been doing some work on the house and one used to live on frecheville, the talk turned to ghostly experiences and he described the same man strangling him in his sleep, he also mentioned other residents around his house with similar stories and ironically one lady he mentioned lives with my wife's brother ive yes to see her but will definitely quizz her on the topic.