Restaurants on London Road?

holly84

Anyone know of any good restuarants (unlicensed) on London Road?

'Jabu' just next up from noodle inn. its a chinese fondu place. they heat up a bowl of stock (you choose flavours from chilli, satay etc) and then add whatever meat (slices of beef, lamb, chicken) and veg (broccoli, oyster mushrooms) you want and then drink soup at end. was delish! mouth is watering as i write this...:). we took our own wine.

• 1 month later...
Froggies is a lovely place. You can take your own wine and they have great veggie food, as well as meaty things!

I don't get out much and haven't been since last winter when I had the beetroot, parsnip and horseradish soup, Umm... I haven't forgotten about it since!:love:

Noticed today that Froggies has closed down. Like you, I'd not been for a while, but always enjoyed it when I went. What a shame it's gone. I don't hold out much hope for the Italian/Mediterranean restaurant opening its place.

Wasabi one, Froggies Bistro, is Seasons on London Road- top notch, and strictly speaking its not London road, but right next to it -Rossi's.

Seasons is at 238 Abbeydale Road which is a continuation of London Road more or less. Definitely worth the 2 minutes extra walk - but then I would say that, wouldn't I? :hihi:

I like La romantica althought it is like sitting in your front room!

blue chease garlic bread :-)

Also tim po moor was great.

apart from the plastic table cloths it is like my front room, and the food is straight out of a microwave there too!!!

hadn't been for years, went early on this year, never ever ever ever again!!!!!!!

i know its not london rd but i can't fault Portofino at heeley bottom

Seasons is at 238 Abbeydale Road which is a continuation of London Road more or less. Definitely worth the 2 minutes extra walk - but then I would say that, wouldn't I? :hihi:

yes you would, i spose it was 'average' :hihi:

only joking, best meal ive had in a long time...

Archived