What self defence would suit me best?

fredsredhat

Guest Mod_Man

I was in the A.T.C as a kid and we were taught that the best form of self defence is to spit in the asailant's face and run. Cant say i've ever used it, though i did once show my bird the technique, she was'nt amused.

I was in the A.T.C as a kid and we were taught that the best form of self defence is to spit in the asailant's face and run. Cant say i've ever used it, though i did once show my bird the technique, she was'nt amused.

What happens when you wake up in the hospital after realising he could run faster than you ?

:hihi: :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

Personally for self defence I would recommend Kickboxing for the stand up side of things or a mix of Kickboxing and Brazilian Ju Jitsu.

Brazilian Ju Jitsu is good for the ground but if Ground Fighting is your only game plan then you will end up getting a kicking from the assailants 7 mates putting the boot in!

Personally I think a Kickboxing/BJJ mix would be the best option or if grapplign isnt your thing then Kickboxing followed by "leggit Jitsu" !!!

Nike Air MAX is the way to go :P

1) a good old fashioned solid kick in the goolys :help:

2) Followed by the ability to run away fast.

Its also about mind games too - know your enemy. IE

If someone (a mugger) asks you if you would like your head kicking in.

NEVER NEVER try to be funny and say

"Yes please" as that can backfire

PMSL :hihi:

Self defence? a rock...chain?...Brick? the list goes on.

• 3 months later...
just revisiting an old thread. I still cant walk very far, cant take any impact at all on my left foot but i'm gaining the weight very quickly. anyone offer any sugestions? Cheers, Nick.

stop eating as much.

sorry for that.

If you're struggling to put weight on your foot for a prolonged period & are still interested in trying a MA then why not Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Mostly ground fighting so.....why noy give it a try.

yeah thanks for that

Archived