Which shop on High st. was Timpsons shoe shop during the 80s

Eleke95

I worked at Timpsons shoe shop on High street around 1985 and now I can't work out which actual building it is now. Think it could be where McDonald's is now but can't quite be sure(well have been away for a while!):huh: :huh:

I thought Timpsons was next to the newsagents (more accurately a tobacconists), on the corner of the gennel going down to the back of the Mulberry, where that Chinese restaurant was (Mr ........?????), just by the NatWest .......

I worked at Timpsons shoe shop on High street around 1985 and now I can't work out which actual building it is now. Think it could be where McDonald's is now but can't quite be sure(well have been away for a while!):huh: :huh:

LK, did you work with Jim then?

I seem to remember that the timpsons was about where KLIK photo shop is.

Jim? Don't recall a Jim there. The Manageress was Miss Colley and also had a manager but can't remember his name, he was scottish.There weren't any other blokes there when I was .

I'm sure it was a little further up from Klik though.

Hang on a minute, now I'm thinking about it wasn't Jim the scottish manager?! I was only there for about 6 months on a YTS then got a 'proper job' with more money!!

HH, that was where the shoe repairers moved to, after teh redevelopment up near boots's.

am going to pop over and have a look on picture sheffield for the high street

Oh aye ....... the name of that Chinese is really bugging me now .......

Archived