Arches re-opening and/or Headcharge returning?

JFKvsNixon

Have to say i think it will struggle, they haven't got any of there old dj's anymore and acid techno is kinda dead at the mo. Will be intrigued though

I think the only reason Acid Techno is dead at the moment is purely cos Headcharge isn't here at present, this will kick off again, and i cant wait

I meant acid techno is pretty much dead across the country, there is nothing being released by any of the producers worth listening to and this is coming from an acid techno DJ and free party organiser. These days most people are into there psy-trance or Hard-tek or straight techno.

I mean i still play acid techno but all you can really play is old classics there is nothing new in the scene and i've branched off in other directions instead.

I will be intrigued to see what they do as last couple of headcharge related things that were on didn't have much in the way of techno at them anyway, they were more breaksy so who knows

I meant acid techno is pretty much dead across the country, there is nothing being released by any of the producers worth listening to and this is coming from an acid techno DJ and free party organiser. These days most people are into there psy-trance or Hard-tek or straight techno.

I mean i still play acid techno but all you can really play is old classics there is nothing new in the scene and i've branched off in other directions instead.

I will be intrigued to see what they do as last couple of headcharge related things that were on didn't have much in the way of techno at them anyway, they were more breaksy so who knows

i think you are right - there aren't as many producers / nights etc happening across the country but if you follow the likes of dave the drummer and steve kyte they are still producing stuff but it is very different - dave the drummer even writes breaks now!

would love to see headcharge back like it was, but will they have the awesome Atomisers and the wonderful LS:) J again??

would love to see headcharge back like it was, but will they have the awesome Atomisers and the wonderful LS:) J again??

I have to say i think that very unlikely :)

I played at heacharge once many years ago, was a good laugh but who knows what'll happen there now. Myabe they'll ask me to play again ;) Unfortuneately it's on the same night as Karma as well, so will only pop in briefly to see what it's like

i think you are right - there aren't as many producers / nights etc happening across the country but if you follow the likes of dave the drummer and steve kyte they are still producing stuff but it is very different - dave the drummer even writes breaks now!

D.A.V.E the drummer has always written breaks, like alot of the london acid producers do, some of the old cluster releases had breaks as b sides.

All of the london acid producers are still writing and releasing as much as they ever did, but understandably, some got a little bored of writing 303 tunes all the time, so they write a variety of styles.

Personally, im somebody that loves all styles of techno, from tech house, to acid, to harder, to minimal, so im loving whats going on in techno right now

• 2 weeks later...
and the visuals they used were the best i've seen in a club.

Ta muchly. They were all mine like, as were most of the flyers. Still at it for my sins an all. :)

I must have at least 30 hrs of unedited DV footage that I shot down there too. I'll get round to picking the best bits out sometime I'm sure.

Archived