Arches re-opening and/or Headcharge returning?

JFKvsNixon

Sounded pretty fecked up by all reports when people went to remove the last of the Opus rig a coupla weeks back. Surely Jan is just going to pocket the money that came from the compulsory purchase of the first arch tho? Ah well. I await with not so baited breath. Tis a pity. Sheffield needs as many venues as it can get right now (as ever).

Interested in this C___e whatever it is anyway. Tell me more..

does any1 know who's running it n when its defo opening and does any1 have a contact number for the venue new owner thanks

I honestly think you're getting your hopes up. By all accounts 3 weeks ago it was in a pretty shabby state. It doesn't have a license. No soundsystem. No lighting. No access. No noises being made to any local promoters about the possibility of it being bookable. Realistically even if someone were to plonk down a load of cash to get it sorted out, you're looking at least 3 months to get all of that in place. If that was the case you'd be opening in February which tbh would be financial suicide given Sheffields underground scene which is pretty much non existant in comparison to the past. It was barely bumping along even when HC and Zogg were both there. Sure you can go for the popularist crowd but I don't see them trolling all the way down the Wicker for that. As I've said before I'd love to be proved wrong and see it up and running again, it being central to a lot of my seminal clubbing experiences. If I were seriously looking at a business plan to get it on it's feet again tho I wouldn't be considering opening until next September. As far as I know Jan is still the owner.

I will say, I hardly have any new information on the situation but I do have some nouse about how long these things take to work themselves out. Maybe AG can enlighten us further, if not I'll give Jamie a ring next week to see what's what.

As for the original Headcharge lineup, aNTAcid is right, as it'll be a chilly day in hell before the original crew reforms. Sad but true, just remember how boss it was then and look to the future ai. Maybe new years or something like that.

If you want underground alnighter and are perpare to travel to manchester

try out

SUNRISE fri 3rd novemeber 2006 10.30 - 6am

Sunrise zone

Tekno Hippie (sunrise)

John Kenobi (messmedia/psypneunmatix Rec)

Ed Tangent (sunrise/Phantasim)

Claire (messmedia/ geomagentic)

Gerry Aum B2B Faeryn

Moonlounge

Steve kundalini

Andi (trancevisuals)

Cosmonaughty (stero Chemistry)

Bez 23 (Kulu/ sunrise)

£10 on door - £7.50 if email list mail on week of party sunriseguest@hotmail.com

@ ohm 28 - 34 Hight street Manchester m4 1QB ( Oppisite ardale shopping centre) 0161 834 1392

The club as been newely refurbished done very tastefully with clubbers in mind the decor mind blowing. A very good happy vibe i add a brill time last one. If want more feedback look on psy forum. Even dor staff are nice. So get up out of your arm chairs and go and have a look you be nicely supperised there life out side Sheffield :thumbsup:

Please feel free to contact me for anymore info luv and peace

P.s next one 1/12/06

Ed used to be one of the original residents along with Kristo K, Dan and the Greek crew who ran Global Sunrise circa 96-97. Kristo and Dan wobbled off at some point and somewhere along the line the Global bit got dropped. I'm sure it's probably an entirely different crew now except for Ed.

Meh, trance int'it. I prefer a good techno stomp. Although would be nice to catch up with Ed again. I first started out doing visuals for them when it was Global Sunrise.

Yes it psy trance. still a banging night you should go.

Thank you for explaing global sunrise

Archived