Arches re-opening and/or Headcharge returning?

JFKvsNixon

Me & Dill played over at Sunrise last month - its Ed & Chris Tekno Hippie who are doing it now. The new venue is really nice - a lot better than the Music Box which was a bit of a hole & suffered from too many dodgy manc scallies!

Its always good to have atrip away - there are a lot of good nights within easy travelling distance of Sheffield- we used to go down to London quite regularly for a big night out.

Although in terms of all nighter trance/techno- there is still quite a bit going on in Sheffield - perhaps more than there has been for ages - Planet Zogg, Future Funk, Karma, Fatmoon, Noggins, Expansion (though they play a wide a range of stuff), whatever the relaunched Headcharge will be playing (though I'd be suprised if it was techno) etc etc

:)

Me & Dill played over at Sunrise last month - its Ed & Chris Tekno Hippie who are doing it now. The new venue is really nice - a lot better than the Music Box which was a bit of a hole & suffered from too many dodgy manc scallies!

Its always good to have atrip away - there are a lot of good nights within easy travelling distance of Sheffield- we used to go down to London quite regularly for a big night out.

Although in terms of all nighter trance/techno- there is still quite a bit going on in Sheffield - perhaps more than there has been for ages - Planet Zogg, Future Funk, Karma, Fatmoon, Noggins, Expansion (though they play a wide a range of stuff), whatever the relaunched Headcharge will be playing (though I'd be suprised if it was techno) etc etc

Well I might just tag along with you one night Pink Fairy/John. What do you think HC will be playing then ;)

Unfortunately I won't make the first un as I'l be seeing Autechre, LFO, Surgeon, Mark Broom and the Sequence boys in Mancland. They WILL be playing techno :)

Well I might just tag along with you one night Pink Fairy/John. What do you think HC will be playing then ;)

Unfortunately I won't make the first un as I'l be seeing Autechre, LFO, Surgeon, Mark Broom and the Sequence boys in Mancland. They WILL be playing techno :)

Your more than welcome :)

I'm off to that too. I caught LFO's show in Leeds last week with Sequence, a right belter.

Really, when was the last time anyone went to a half-decent acid techno night.....

I'm off to that too. I caught LFO's show in Leeds last week with Sequence, a right belter.

Really, when was the last time anyone went to a half-decent acid techno night.....

Acid techno went off the boil for me before 2000 so I guess Headcharge back in the day or Havok before 97.

See you on the dance floor :)

• 2 weeks later...

The line up for HC looks erm interesting to say the least,

There is a distict lack of decent venues in sheffield for our friendly little crowd, but Karma sound have managed to get on at the Cactus Club for Karma Sutra on the 24th of november which will be Psy-trance but harder and faster and a lot less floaty and are doing another Frolic on newyears eve following on from last years belter that went from dub/ska to psy trance to full on acid techno and most things inbetween things this year will be in pretty much the same vain with the best of sheffields underground DJs and live acts and all for only a tenner (if we could make it less we would but security etc are on double time).

Archived