Ingoldmells market "auctions"

Hi just returned from a trip to ingoldmells market, as you walk round you see the "auctions" with the crowd holding their hands in the air, the "auctioneer" ranting about xboxes, psp's, mobile phones etc, etc "all brand new, boxes a little tatty" he might say, but to be honest, its that long winded by the time he gets to the crunch ive got bored and left, so i'm wondering if anyone on this forum has actually stayed till the death, and will share with us what super "bargains" they got at the end.

How many walked away with, lets say the latest mobile phone or Xbox.

And more importantly if not, how did the auctioneer wangle out of it

Thankyou.

I know its an old thread but I remember falling for something like this in 1975 on the moor,payed for some perfume what was worth about a tenth of what I paid.

Dose he still have that grey and gold technics/pioneer stereo on the back wall , I can remember that being there since 1989, it was there 2 years ago and still not sold. The last auction I viewed you HAD to buy FAKE rayban sunglasses for £10 to bid, the same ones the stall next to it was flogging for £6 or 2 for £10. When skeggy got raided by traiding standards the one near the cash point was closed which is now a towel seller.

I saw one of these auctions on The Real Hustle, out of the back of a van. They strung the punters along, selling them random tat of which increased in value each time, because they were all hanging on to get the good stuff they could see in the van. When they had worked their way up to £20, they just pulled the shutter down and drove off, leaving everyone stood there dumbstruck. They'd paid £20 for a pile of stuff without was worth a couple of quid at most.

There was also one of these places on the moor mid 90's. It wad near the old army stores where home bargains was. My mate spent a fiver and he got a pound land style toy and bike trip computer. Not worth the fiver and I guess may never have worked either. That guys pull was game boys , master systems and stuff like that.

Haha my parents got scammed by these people a few year back in Ingoldmells ranting on that they had really good things at bargin prices so my mum got roped in dad walked off knowing it was a load of bull, But after an hour of listening to him my mum handed £40 over to a guy stood in front of the van who looked like he was on benifits and not a penny to scratch his ass on the guy then gave my mum a coloured piece of card and said give the lady £40 of goods he went round the back what sempt for hours came back with a black bin liner, After gettin scammed we went back to the caravan because the market was to busy to go scurrying in the bin liner to find a load of ****e lol. We had 2 plastic kids watches what looked like they'd come from a quid machine and a 2 bit stereo no bigger than a toaster that dident work and a set of playing cards :huh: and last but not least a remote control for a tv that we hadent got, Im really surprised these guys are still trading and are allowed to drag people to there level and take the p*ss they need stopping and soon taking peoples money for crap that doesnt mean anything and not worth a penny but then again if people out there are willing to stop by and join in more fool them cus 1 day they will be here writing the same things as we have DONT PUT MONEY INTO THESE GUYS POCKET NOT WORTH IT !!!!

A while ago i actually fell for this...stuck my hand up for a gleaming toaster...niceone too and it was all boxed up...in a black bag....got back into my car with my goodies...opened the box...a rotten old rusty toaster...lesson to be learned once bitten! ive never done it again, although i stand and watch for 5 mins now to see what con men these really are!!!! KEEP WELL AWAY

Archived