Ingoldmells market "auctions"

I remember many years ago my Mum getting conned by these. We were in Blackpool for the day and she gave them the last of her money. She was a single parent with no money to spare, but thought she was getting a huge bargain. Needless to say there was a load of crap in the black sack and we had to walk home from the train station when we returned to Sheffield. Needless to say I learned the lesson and have never handed these conmen a penny.

I cannot believe how gullible people are sometimes ! They are so obviously devious ***** and get away with scam and have done for years ! Why hasnt someone official arrested them before now ! Surely they are breaking the law big style !

Thats what i think as well,they are nothing more than con men and i would have thought that these places would have been closed down

i once stood there and watched these scum bags con loads of people out of money they probably couldn't afford to spend,One man got ushered to the bank machine while his wife waited for him,they all had nice black bags and some of the disapointed faces said it all,These men get very rich conning those who think there getting a bargain makes my blood boil

I don't think any crime is being committed with these guys as daft as it seems. If people are willing to pay £40 for a black bag even full of junk then where is the crime ? They say I will sell you a black bag full of goods, you pay and transaction complete an offer and an acceptance I think it's as simple as that. However if enough people complain to east Lindsey trading standards then action I guess would be taken, but how many do ? How many put it down like others as a holiday scam, I'm not doing that again or throw it in the bin. If you don't complain to the right people then these con men will get away again and again time and again.

I don't think any crime is being committed with these guys as daft as it seems. If people are willing to pay £40 for a black bag even full of junk then where is the crime ? They say I will sell you a black bag full of goods, you pay and transaction complete an offer and an acceptance I think it's as simple as that. However if enough people complain to east Lindsey trading standards then action I guess would be taken, but how many do ? How many put it down like others as a holiday scam, I'm not doing that again or throw it in the bin. If you don't complain to the right people then these con men will get away again and again time and again.

Exactly. Caveat emptor.

Exactly. Caveat emptor.

If they say " in this bag is an iPad , iPhone , xbox, ps3, HDTV and the likes and you open stand there isnt then you have a case to call the police as you were miss sold goods.

These guys have a script far better than the kings speech that they stick to like glue. They will at no point say there are iPads in black bags or even nokia phones. They leave that all up to the gullible fools to think they have pure and simple.

80% of the goods sold at Ingoldmells markets are fake. Last week we saw a stall full of DVD's and CD's that were copies. They were in cardboard covers and the signs said they were promotion copies.

As said before how they are allowed to continue selling is unbeleavable.

The rides are reasonable value and the food outlets acceptable but the market is full of crap.

For those thinking of going the requirements for visiting Ingoldmells is a packet of fags a tatoo and be at least double the weight you should be, oh and be sitting on a mobility scouter.

Archived