Ingoldmells market "auctions"

I stood and watched one of these "auctions" once on Eastgate market, they had a selecton of electrical goods (a PSP, DVD player, mobile phone, Camara, etc etc), in reality about £1500 worth of stuff, they then offered this to the audience, all the lot for a tenner!!!!!

My thoughts at the time were that anybody who is stupid enough to hand over the money is hardly going to go rushing back when they realise they have been conned to be reimbursed for ten pounds, they write it off and put it down to experience, the scammers have then made a tenner from each gullible person.

Lucrative business.

Eastgate Market has been "the land that trading standards forgot" for as far as I can remember. People know that they are buying shoddy copies surely?

How else can the Brighthouse family afford the label their kids up?

I dont enjoy ingoldmells anymore its getting worse everytime i go down if your not tripping over oldens with mobility scooters its bloody dogs why in gods name take a dog to a market??? Every shop you pass now has tek off clothes copied cd and games, Not to mention the stalls that sell everything chucked under 1 roof you walk in and you carnt find anything kids toys thrown anywhere boxes ripped what is this place coming to i just think its a waste of time and money visiting eastgate market im staying well clear

I was going to say the same about the dog issue there,why do people take there dogs into a busy market makes no sense to me at all,dogs barking at other dogs,dogs getting wrapped round your leg,dogs cocking there legs up at every box they pass iressponsable owners that have there dogs on the 10 foot extending lead,i feel sorry for the animals can't be enjoyable for them at all

80% of the goods sold at Ingoldmells markets are fake. Last week we saw a stall full of DVD's and CD's that were copies. They were in cardboard covers and the signs said they were promotion copies.

As said before how they are allowed to continue selling is unbelievable.

I used to live and work in Skegness/Ingoldmells (company transfer for 6mths) and I can tell you EXACTLY why the market is still trading. You're quite right that 80+% of the stuff on sale is fake/pirate. Thing is Trading Standards offices are run by local councils and the council know that the market is a big tourism pull. The loss of the market would collapse the tourism trade in the area and it's teetering on the edge of the abyss as it is, so the council turn a blind eye and ignore the reports.

There are, or were whilst I was there at least probably still the case, illegal immigrants LIVING in the containers that the markets are stored in. It was found out because of a fire which closed the market for a few days about 8 years ago.

All I can think is.....

If anyone is "taken in" by this kind of fraud after all the publicity it has had in the media & online, then they deserve to be fleeced because of their own greed/stupidity.

I know Im running the risk of living up to my Dizzy Blonde reputation,but its been driving me mad all way through this thread ! So Im going to ask it anyway and wait for the replies !!!!!!. WHERE EXACTLY IS INGOLDMELLS !

Its an awful place a few short miles from Skegness, it makes Skeggy look like Las Vegas and is full of some of the lowest classes of people your ever likely to see.

Archived