Ingoldmells market "auctions"

...how come nobody has "dealt" with this same scam auction traders , as surely 1000's have all all been ripped off by the same team , but they are still there 15+ years !!!!!!! -- I wish they sold something to all the wanabee gangstas of Sheffield !!!!!!!!!!!!

If they had a shop in Sheff , and sold the same "goodie bags", they would find it difficult to walk for a week or two !????

I also have noticed (to my expense) that 90% of stuff sold on that market is FAKE - ie: looks good for a couple of days then ......! ie: gold and other jewellery, branded clothes. trainers , perfumes, CD's DVD's .ect ---------------but go to a local car boot and you would get fined for selling a copied CD !!!!????

Eastgate Market - the place to be to sell all your Fake -Snide Goods ! - Unbelievable amount of gullible customers awaiting to handover their hard -earned cash for your snide copies !!!!!!!!!! ps - they are on a high cos they are on holiday ! - they wont realise they have been ripped off till they get home ! - win win situation!!!!! - best car boot in England - no trading standards ect !!!!!!!

...how come nobody has "dealt" with the scam auction traders , as surely 1000's have all all been ripped off by the same team , but they are still there 15+ years !!!!!!!

If they had a shop in Sheff , and sold the same "goodie bags", they would find it difficult to walk for a week or two !????

I also have noticed (to my expense) that 90% of stuff sold on that market is FAKE - ie: looks good for a couple of days then ......! ie: gold and other jewellery, branded clothes. trainers , perfumes, CD's DVD's .ect ---------------but go to a local car boot and you would get fined for selling a copied CD !!!!????

Go up a few posts to my previous post. It tells you why.

I used to live and work in Skegness/Ingoldmells (company transfer for 6mths) and I can tell you EXACTLY why the market is still trading. You're quite right that 80+% of the stuff on sale is fake/pirate. Thing is Trading Standards offices are run by local councils and the council know that the market is a big tourism pull. The loss of the market would collapse the tourism trade in the area and it's teetering on the edge of the abyss as it is, so the council turn a blind eye and ignore the reports.

There are, or were whilst I was there at least probably still the case, illegal immigrants LIVING in the containers that the markets are stored in. It was found out because of a fire which closed the market for a few days about 8 years ago.

You forgot to mention backhanders ;)

Perhaps the Star might fancy a bit of investigative journalism for a change, as plenty of people from Sheffield have been fleeced by these conmen....

I know a few years back they were selling fake Golden Virginia at Eastgate, you've never smoked anything like it!:hihi: It seems that the sellers were dealt with though, so what about the others, then? Is it East Lindsey council there?

Perhaps the Star might fancy a bit of investigative journalism for a change, as plenty of people from Sheffield have been fleeced by these conmen....

I know a few years back they were selling fake Golden Virginia at Eastgate, you've never smoked anything like it!:hihi: It seems that the sellers were dealt with though, so what about the others, then? Is it East Lindsey council there?

Yes it's east Linsey council. I've just shipped them banners for mablethorpe lights turn on by BGT pulse and twist.

Yes it's east Linsey council. I've just shipped them banners for mablethorpe lights turn on by BGT pulse and twist.

The lights are quite nice for the kids.

Have to say, last few times I've been to Eastgate, there hasn't been twentieth of the people that used to visit, perhaps people are fed up of being conned.

I agree Ingoldmells is not very nice and the market is full of people that's been described earlier..

But not everyone that goes there are "awful tattoo ridden mobility using chavs" my neighbours are well to do decent people with a caravan not far from Ingoldmells, dont judge everybody to be the same please..:)

Though i still prefer Chapel St Leonards...:)

• 3 months later...

I got back from there yesterday and got caught in this. Only got involved for a new phone which he claimed to have for £20. So we queued up and watched him give out some amazing lots to people dirt cheap. Then he put on the counter an iphone 3 and 4 an ipad itouch and a blackberry and asked 'who would like this lot?' We raised our hands and asked for 3pound each to get a bidding ticket so we gave him the money and got this ticket. He the asked for £50 so about nine people gave him It thinkin we were goNa get a bargain. He then asked to pick either a video camera or a ipod (fake) so we all chose wat we would prefer. I picked the camera. He theN gave me it and asked for £10. Me being a mug paid it. He kept chatting away etc. My lil 1 was Hungary so I asked for my money back. The bouncer guy aggressively told me no and so I waited and waited for my 'bargain' then another man asked for his money back and the maN verbally intimidated him so we waited and he passed us out these black bags, made his excuses and left. We looked in the bags and found cheap crap worth nothin and a cheap crappy video camera worth about £10. We all got conned out of £194 in total for **** all. No one to blame but ourselves and no legs to stand on.

Archived