Anyone go to Convent High School,1950s?

I was sent there by my parents from Shirecliffe School, in 1959, age 5,where I was very happy, to The Convent High School for Girls (cough,cough) where I was very unhappy.It was a Catholic private school for girls.We prayed a lot, and the education was very good(mostly by nuns).Blimey, was I glad to leave though.:gag: It was on Burngreave Road, and is now St.Catherines Nursing Home.

Edited by pattricia

I was sent there by my parents from Shirecliffe School,where I was very happy, to The Convent High School for Girls (cough,cough) where I was very unhappy.It was a Catholic private school for girls.We prayed a lot, and the education was very good(mostly by nuns).Blimey, was I glad to leave though.:gag: It was on Burngreave Road, and is now St.Catherines Nursing Home.

Looks like no one went there. Or they are either dead, or hated it so much, they dont want to be reminded of it. ! :suspect:

• 6 years later...

There is to be a reunion of Convent High School girls who shared their time with Margaret Burke, Mary Waga, Christine Argyle, Kathleen Hannon, Maria Carter, Angela McLaughlin, Angela Cummings, Angela Hird, Catherine Hewson, Delina Lawler, Jane Cooney, Sharon Fidler, Rachel Maddocks, Patricia Chislett, Elizabeth Jeremy, Anne Lee, Grainne English, Veronica Cooper, Barbara Szklarczyk, Vivienne Holland and anyone else who I may have forgotten. Please leave a reply on this forum and I will forward details.

Yes I went there, I thought I was sent there as a punishment :hihi: my class was at the top of those steep stairs, I hated ever moment there, we were given knitting to take home one day to finish off, I didn't known how to cast off so stayed home next day, scared to death to take it back.

Don't remember any of those names though, wasn't interested in anything but getting home .

• 8 years later...

I went to the Convent High School in 1969 for a year. Anyone else remember the ceiling falling in? Does anyone have photos from that era at the school? Would love to see photos of the school uniform, especially the straw boata hat we had to wear in summer!