Bum deal cos I'm NOT a student

Sign up for a college course... get your NUS card and drop the course... only make a part payment on the course and it should work out better for you in the long run on discounts you get.

Not that I'm advocating student fraud here or anything.... [insert innocent whistle smilie here]

I agree with DaB - if it bothers you, become a student!! There are loads of courses which require only an hour a week, and then you can quit and keep the student card anyway... some IT ones are even free (although probably mind-numbing).

The reason the discounts are offered is because most people who work full time don't go out late in the week, so the clubs need to get a certain number of people through the doors to meet overheads (stop me if this is obvious)... the reason they don't let non-students in on a Monday is to keep violence to a minimum, as most students don't cause trouble in the same way as locals. Monday is often 'student night' at clubs cos no-one else goes there otherwise...

well being a student i think its a fab idea, but i wont b 1 for ever!

but tbh i hardly use it!

maybe cos i amnly go out fri, n there no discount then!

apart from in empire glas on wine for a £1, now thats a deal!

but for kingdom if you want cheap prices, on door, ring up n get guest list tickets £2!!!!!!!!!!!

Im a student and TBh I hardly use the card, I use it to get student admission on cinema tix and thats about it! I forget about the whole whopping 10% discount they offer in some stores :D

I tend to go out when theres deals on drinks for all and not just us taxdodgers :P and lets face it on nightclub entrance if youve got a student card its only about a quid cheaper!!!

But I have to admit I do think the banning non-students to a nightclub a bit odd... I know the student union do it but youre allowed to sign people in on your card, and as for student discount cards - ie Yellow Card in Scream pubs, my non-student friend waltz off with mine... get about 5 people using same card and they never check signature on back

...top tip get yourself a student buddy

:thumbsup:

You can obtain student discount cards quite easily without being a student. Yellow & V-Cards can easily be obtained without student proof. Knowing someone at a sheffield college who knows the system is also a way of getting an NUS Card.

As for U-Cards they are hard to obtain and forge.

Rich.....i see your point exactly, just becos your not a student why are u refused entry at kingdom?!? when i spoke to a promoter who used to do an event at kingdom, they told me they had to do their nite NUS only, becos otherwise the thugs from Pitsmoor would come down and make the event all moody.....however, i feel a better door policy would make more sense. there is no need to alienate people just becos they arent students.

i was once turned away from a manc venue cos i wasnt gay, it did my bloody head in for ages......

Originally posted by Red 2

oh come on is it that bothering?

Yes it is that bothering, and no, not just because I have to pay a quid more for a pint on a Monday night.

Its about principles.

I'm just asking for a bit of fairness. If theres a discount for one person, there should be a discount for the next person.

Right, thats enough ranting for now!

Originally posted by Mosherchik

Im a student and TBh I hardly use the card, I use it to get student admission on cinema tix and thats about it! I forget about the whole whopping 10% discount they offer in some stores :D

I tend to go out when theres deals on drinks for all and not just us taxdodgers :P and lets face it on nightclub entrance if youve got a student card its only about a quid cheaper!!!

But I have to admit I do think the banning non-students to a nightclub a bit odd... I know the student union do it but youre allowed to sign people in on your card, and as for student discount cards - ie Yellow Card in Scream pubs, my non-student friend waltz off with mine... get about 5 people using same card and they never check signature on back

...top tip get yourself a student buddy

:thumbsup:

Like me ;)

Archived