Bum deal cos I'm NOT a student

Ive had problems midweek at both leadmill and rep , the times its happened it isnt a "student night" to do with the two uni's. Few times they have asked for ID ,showed them drivers lience followed by " NUS card ?" to which i have to blag myway in saying im part time at college and dont get a ID card. Why shouldnt i be aloud into these nightclubs cos im not a student ? All my friends bar myself and another are students but with these type of daft rules i run the risk of not been able to go clubbing with my mates ,which is wrong.

I know that some "student" bars are students and like minded people. I'm guessing that these student nights you're all refering to are run along similar lines, which is really an excuse to stop townies going in. I doubt they'd stop you if you went out in your scruffs and wore trainers!

why would you want to go to a night where you'd be a minority non-student anyway? what would you talk about? i was a student, and student nights are good when you can join in conversations about how crappy a levels were, and how rubbery the SU food is, and how you think a lecturer may fancy you, but once you're not a student, the appeal of student nights aint that great. that's why they're cheap.

I was at uni in Hull and almost all the weekly student nights were student only....I can see why but it just makes students and locals hate each other more. Integrate. Without students Sheffield would be f****d and with pj Jump it was so need to compromise....

Originally posted by robbie

I was at uni in Hull and almost all the weekly student nights were student only....I can see why but it just makes students and locals hate each other more. Integrate. Without students Sheffield would be f****d and with pj Jump it was so need to compromise....

I went to Uni there too and on the occassion that drunken local came into contact with drunken student, most of the "integrating" was between fists and faces... :)

Archived