Holiday Inn - Manchester Road (Broomhill)

I really miss the gym. Nothing came along to replace it in S10. Have to go in Huddersfield to find a small gym and pool with such a nice atmosphere.

It will be really interesting to see what they do with the site. It would be a nice place to live; but wouldn't fancy being in the tower block.

There was something in the Sheffield Telegraph about this s few months ago. The existing hotel building has been earmarked for conversion to luxury flats with (I think) some sort of underground car park and there are to be some detached houses added to the development in the existing grounds.

My ex and I stayed there in '81 for our wedding night. We booked the top suite but I believe Status Quo or someone similar was playing in Sheffield that night.We had to go to the next one down.We had all the electrics for the outdoor christmas lights on our balcony, and flashing lights all night. Fancy being kept awake on your wedding night! :roll:

Archived