Craft photos, post links here!

kittenta

How on earth do you manage all that!

By starting aged nine, and it looking a lot more complicated than it really is!

(Honestly, when you have your head down moving this bobbin to that location, then this one there, it is so practical and simple, it is like join the dots...)

Well, I'd like to eat all the cakes :D

And I was really impressed by Hayley's work, but not sure I am ready to dive into the world of cross stitch yet. The hand made cards have given me some ideas for the next card making party...

I suppose cross stitch looks hard to some people when it really isn't. I supposed it's what you are used to! What do you do with your finished projects? Do you do them for yourself, sell them, make for friends?

What do you do with your finished projects? Do you do them for yourself, sell them, make for friends?

I give them all to friends. I am trying to make some for myself, as I have only projects which went wrong to show off to people who come round!

(And cross stitch looks complicated to me)

Cross stitch really is very simple, if I can do it anyone can lol. Although I am not as good at it as Hayley1 is!! Where do you find your patterns from?

I usually get them from books, the last piece and the one I am working on now came from this book But I have designed my own patterns in the past. (Not had enough spare time to do that recently though).

So, what exactly do you use the finished projects for? Can you make table cloths for example or is it just small items? Tell me to shut up if i'm asking too much :hihi:

Oh and how long do they take you to make?

It would take a very long time to make a table cloth, but it has been done (not by me).

My mother usually frames the work I make for her, but I have made chokers, little mats and bookmarks.

I have an empty paperweight to fill, should I ever ger inspired (the sort you buy from craft shops to put pressed flowers etc. into.

I once made a piece of lace and sewed it onto the front of a birthday card.

(And once spent months making my sister in law's wedding garter).

Many uses, as long as you have the time, or the item is small!