Famous people from North Sheffield

I know Joe Cocker sang at The Pheasant Sheffield Lane Top,but I do believe he came from Crooks which is not quite North Sheffield......or is it??????
HItwinky Joes parents were very respectable , best in Crookes HA HA .

Why North Sheffield ?Tony Christie is from Sheffield,but dont know wether hes from North,south,East or West, or maybe Amarrillo. ! :hihi:Did he ever find his way there ?

I believe he was originally from Conisbrough, Doncaster.

Michael Parkinson came from Grimethorpe, Barnsley. That is North of Sheffield.

Although he was born in New York, TV Star Patrick McGoohan, (The Prisoner, Danger Man) lived in Sheffield for most of his growing up. I'm not sure which area he actually lived in, but he went to school at Pitsmoor, Scott Rd to be exact.

Does that count as North Sheffield?

Engelbert Humperdinck (Jerry Dorsey) was from leicester, he used to play darts with my other halfs dad.

He now has a house in Hinkley.

He also used to live next door to one of my mates, one of the small side roads off Holme Lane (across from cash convertors place)

• 2 weeks later...
Reginald Dixon M.B.E . organist at Blackpool tower for 40 years, entertained millions. born&bred in Sheffield& married a Sheffield girl.

Played his first gig at "The Ritz" on Wordsworth.

Wish I could afford to buy the building as it is a real waste at the moment

Archived