Famous people from North Sheffield

actually,Reginald Dixons first public appearance as a cinema pianist,was the "Palace" cinema .Stocksbridgefor £3 a week,cinema manager was a Mr Haines, it was just after the 1914-18war.

Another myth shattered. I'm not gonna believe anything my Dad told me from now on.

OOps,? sorry.try and get hold of a copy of "Mr Blackpool"Reginald Dixon M.B.E. ,its out of print now,but i got mine for £4 on e,bay.It tells you every thing about his life, and lots of photos including the one of the palace Stocksbridge,its a must for any Sheffielder with an interest in this great man and his life.Good luck.

He also used to live next door to one of my mates, one of the small side roads off Holme Lane (across from cash convertors place)

So he lived in Sheffield for a while? Interesting... From what Im told here he never went close to sheffield unless he was performing there. However its been years since my other halfs dad played darts with him so...

Archived