Forum basketball team

Originally posted by Jonesy

I'll look into some cheerleaders :)

Wooo! Cheerleaders:thumbsup:

Yoda I tend to go to Hillbborough leisure centre to practise indoors, usually on a sunday afternoon. I think half court rental for an hour is about £3-4 not much anyway. i'd like to get a meeting up for a quick training session sometime.

*Bump* Update for anyone interested. I am waiting for a call from the basketball development officer on the sheffield league. Hopefully after the call I will have all the information I need to set up the team, including kit, joining fee etc.

Nearly there:thumbsup:

O.K should have all information by the end of next week. I'm buying some Baiden Bballs aswell on the cheap. Hopefully the cost will not be high to enter and should be able to get some cheap kits., I hear from a good source that it is cheaper than it's ever been. There is only one league now with other teams dropping out so getting in shouldn't be a problem.

Also I was told the league starts in October now.

Originally posted by duffman

O.K should have all information by the end of next week. I'm buying some Baiden Bballs aswell on the cheap. Hopefully the cost will not be high to enter and should be able to get some cheap kits., I hear from a good source that it is cheaper than it's ever been. There is only one league now with other teams dropping out so getting in shouldn't be a problem.

Also I was told the league starts in October now.

Duffman the price may be something you want to check out I would say- I saw a thread on fatlads' site (from 2002 admittedly, so how the price has fluctuated since then is anyone's guess, will probably depend on league sponsorship etc.) but they were talking a good few hundred quid, I don't know if they were including a kit in that or not. That said, when you consider how much is costs to play/watch other sports, you could be doing plenty more expensive things!

I'm coming over the pond in October to visit my wife's family in Ireland, so might like to take a run over to my native city and watch a little basketball. I never realised when I lived there that bball was so popular. I have lived in Connecticut for many years, which is a hotbed of college basketball. The University of Connecticut men's and women's teams are currently both National NCAA champions, a first time in Division 1. The ladies have won a record five times, the last three successively. Too small a state to support an NBA team, loyalties are divided between the Boston Celtics and the NY knicks. WNBA is represented by the Connecticut Sun. Best of luck to you all, and keep em dunkin' Gord Taylor

Archived