Forum basketball team

Hey Everyone, sound like a good idea.

I wish I could say that the comment about some of the uni team being arrogant was not true, but last year it was. Sadly.

This year the team is under new and better management, and those nasty students were post-grads and have now moved on, and I wont be putting up with any of it next year :)

Im guessing Jonesey your a student & your living in Tapton Halls next year, no worry's about getting info about getting to the E.I.S etc coz I live round the corner and I'll sort you with everythin u need - either e-mail me via the website & Il see you in term time.

As for the team it sounds like a great idea, but I dont know if I'll have the time due to running the uni mens team & doing my masters degree.

But ......... I'll see how things go and if you ever need any players I'll have a whole batch of uni students to recommend!

Good Luck fella's and I will happily take up your shooting guard/small forward position (6"3, 13 stone) & Il knock down 20 against anyone.

Steve - Vice Captain Uni 1st Team

http://www.geocities.com/shefunibball/home.html

Originally posted by StevePugh

I wish I could say that the comment about some of the uni team being arrogant was not true, but last year it was. Sadly.

This year the team is under new and better management, and those nasty students were post-grads and have now moved on, and I wont be putting up with any of it next year :)

Im guessing Jonesey your a student & your living in Tapton Halls next year, no worry's about getting info about getting to the E.I.S etc coz I live round the corner and I'll sort you with everythin u need - either e-mail me via the website & Il see you in term time.

http://www.geocities.com/shefunibball/home.html

Well I'm in flats in Tapton yeah, I'll be up 20th september or whenever it is. Glad to hear the elitist element have moved on, as much as anything else it will put freshers off. Looks like it will be a good social crack in any case whether or not you're in the 'team' or just go to training. Cheers.

I'll have a whole batch of uni students to recommend!

Good Luck fella's and I will happily take up your shooting guard/small forward position (6"3, 13 stone) & Il knock down 20 against anyone.

Steve - Vice Captain Uni 1st Team[/b]

Hmm may take you up on it someday. My strengths are reboundig and assisting, can score around 10 per game though.

The all important phone calls will be made tomorrow in between juggling my mortgage and driving lesson phone calls and a game of football.:loopy:

O.K have some information now.

The winter league is going to run from October to about may. Summer league starts Wednesday until September.

The cost for the year is £600 this includes ref's, table officials and rental of the E.I.S. The games will be held on tuesday and wednesday nights with two leagues of around 6-7 teams. IMO it is not too much as if there are 7 teams it works out £42 per game and if we have a team of ten turn up then it is only £4.20 per person. However I think this has to be paid upfront so it would be £60 per person for the year unless we have more than 10 who will turn up on a regular basis. I also belive the cost may incluse the summer league that runs so it will have paid off.

I will be waiting for an email with the results of a meeting that will decide all the costs etc. In the meantime what does everyone think? it will need commitmen from everyone to get this going.

Nice one

From what I see, there seems to be more than 10 people interested. I wouldn't mind one bit if I didn't play or get picked for every game, just like to play and have a laugh really (although I haven't played in four years).

Originally posted by Jonesy

Well I'm in flats in Tapton yeah, Looks like it will be a good social crack in any case whether or not you're in the 'team' or just go to training. Cheers.

Its a small world! I was in Taptonville Flats in my first year! Flat 6, room 4! haha! Loved it!

Yeah in the past the team was pretty badly run concerning people who were not 1st team, but no longer! Its now for EVERYONE regardless of ability and everyone can have their say and input into the running of the team. See you in Freshers Week!

Its a small world! I was in Taptonville Flats in my first year! Flat 6, room 4! haha! Loved it!

Yeah in the past the team was pretty badly run concerning people who were not 1st team, but no longer! Its now for EVERYONE regardless of ability and everyone can have their say and input into the running of the team. See you in Freshers Week!

They're sending me my new address soon, if it's flat 6 room 4 I give up!!

Archived