Forum basketball team

O.K let me know when you want to come to Sheffield Jonsey and I will try and sort something out.

I am not giving up on this, it has always been an ambition of mine to start a team up. I never got many games wherever I played as the elitist party kicked in most of the time, so that is why I want to set this up for people who just want to play no matter what level they are at.

Hi!Duffman.been busy writting something and not seen so many posts. Don't not give up starting a team up. Anyway,I agree with Jonesy :even if you lose, provided the team all get on well and have a good laugh, it'd still be a positive experience.

I think there will be enough people to join the forum bball team. As the money is concerned, I think I will pay for it. but till I come here. I just want to play no matter what level we are at.

May Jonesy a good trip !if something decided,please let me know.

Duffman I am thinking about coming over at some point next week, so if some bball could be sorted out I would be able to incorporate it (provided I know eher I am going and can get there because as soon as I step off the train I won't have any bearings whatsoever!).

Originally posted by Jonesy

I wonder if there would be any teams in the league who would be prepared to play practise games against us sometimes or something, it'd give us a chance to play a few games and them a chance to practise for the league.

I can help you here! Let me know when and where you will want practise games and I will be able to sort out a squad of uni players/students (non first team, ie, average standard) for games.

i know that there will be many young eager students really wanting to play in full 5 on 5 games and this would be perfect. Interested?

It would help my job as uni vice captain too, coz it will help improve other players & get them some game time.

Originally posted by StevePugh

I can help you here! Let me know when and where you will want practise games and I will be able to sort out a squad of uni players/students (non first team, ie, average standard) for games.

i know that there will be many young eager students really wanting to play in full 5 on 5 games and this would be perfect. Interested?

It would help my job as uni vice captain too, coz it will help improve other players & get them some game time.

That sounds perfect. I will look into getting a few practise sessions before hand, then we can have some games against the uni' team.

As for where and when we will be training, I will be looking for Sunday afternoon/evenings at hillsborough leisure centre or somewhere more central if possible. Would there be any way of using the universities facilities for the games at all Steve?

Originally posted by duffman

That sounds perfect. I will look into getting a few practise sessions before hand, then we can have some games against the uni' team.

Is that as well as entering a league, or instead of entering a league?

It depends on what numbers we are likely to get on a regular basis and if we can get some money together to enter the league.

Any thoughts on this from anyone are welcome as I would like everyone who wants to play to have a say on what they would like to do.

Archived