Sheffield Eagles!!!!

COME ON YOU EAGLES. Hi bootiebabe, i used to play in the junior side to, up at hilsborough and eckington. i aint played for over 8 yrs. i think i know mark, i rememer a barry being one of the trainers, any of these ppl ring a bell to u?

I was down at hillsborough 1990 ish, have been playing on and off since for various clubs. Travel round allot with work so its hard to settle with a amateur club. Do you mean mark slatter hes at hillsborough now, barry rings a bell can't put me finger on it.

I was down at hillsborough 1990 ish, have been playing on and off since for various clubs. Travel round allot with work so its hard to settle with a amateur club. Do you mean mark slatter hes at hillsborough now, barry rings a bell can't put me finger on it.

Hi,

I too played for the club at Hilsborough. Barry was the physio (barry and his magic sponge). I started playing with the likes of smudger, Ian Hunt, Scott Mac if any of those ring a bell. I played for the adult side for a while until married life caught me....

I also was a season ticket holder at the eagles until the Shuddersfield debarcle. I'd love to go back to start watching them again, it's just that the DV Stadium always felt empty with 6 - 7,000 in it. It must feel desolate with only a thousand inside. Take it back to Owlerton where it began, I'd be first in a que for tickets.

Hi,

I too played for the club at Hilsborough. Barry was the physio (barry and his magic sponge). I started playing with the likes of smudger, Ian Hunt, Scott Mac if any of those ring a bell. I played for the adult side for a while until married life caught me....

I also was a season ticket holder at the eagles until the Shuddersfield debarcle. I'd love to go back to start watching them again, it's just that the DV Stadium always felt empty with 6 - 7,000 in it. It must feel desolate with only a thousand inside. Take it back to Owlerton where it began, I'd be first in a que for tickets.

I agree don valley does seem so empty even back in the old division 1 days when crowds were much larger.

If we can get people through the gate to enjoy the game again then you never know the Eagles may get thier own stadium or a share stadium like Doncaster up the road. !!!!

But there is nothing better than a summer evening watching the Eagles play with a beer in hand!!! Hopefully next season more people will come down and give it a try!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

up the eagles!!

I for one am going to give it a go again next season. Tubby has done wonders starting the club again from nothing, and I have the feeling that even though he has stepped down as coach, he still is involved in the coaching at some level.

I for one am going to give it a go again next season. Tubby has done wonders starting the club again from nothing, and I have the feeling that even though he has stepped down as coach, he still is involved in the coaching at some level.

He has really ensured the game and club is alive in the city.

I don't think hes the type of bloke to be stuck behind the desk all week. I bet he still has his boots in his car on matchdays just in case!!!:hihi:

Archived