Sheffield Eagles!!!!

I think the Friday night kick off is overrated in league!

It’s great for the game that's on SKY but for the lower league games to compete against it’s a bad idea.

I support Hull and as a rugby league fan now living in Sheffield would happily adopt the Eagles as my 2nd team and got to games on a Sunday but I doubt I'd go on a Friday as unfortunately Hull normally play then as do most Super league teams (as well as competing with the top game on sky).

Sorry too much negativity! Well done the eagles (even to all the ex rovers boys!) I hope they do well in National League 1. Hopefully I'll catch a game or too next year!

i started watching the eagles after they won the challenge cup,i watched the final on tv and got hooked,i went to every game after that home and away and had some brilliant days out,i used to drink with some of the players after games..waz,fetu(sp) sojie,darren shaw,keith senior..happy days...the huddrfield fiasco killed it for me and havn't been since....may just start again next season..whens it start?

I think it begins around March time with the Northern Rail Cup. I was at Wembley when we won the cup, and it was the best day of my life (thats me in trouble with the wife!!). The club should have used it as a springboard to really push this sport in our city, but instead they let it all go to waste.

I always enjoyed going to away matches more than home games. Ok some of the away facilities were stoneage in comparrison with the DV stadium, but you couldn't knock the atmosphere at little grounds like batley etc.

I used to have a season ticket when they played on Sundays, but struggling to get there on a Friday after a hard week's work and when Super League on tv just isn't overly appealing.

Apparently the switch was done because corporate hospitality people preferred going straight after work than taking time out of their weekend. Also it was said the players preferred having the weekend free (which is, to me, a bit like a vicar saying he would prefer not working on a Sunday!)

I used to have a season ticket when they played on Sundays, but struggling to get there on a Friday after a hard week's work and when Super League on tv just isn't overly appealing.

Apparently the switch was done because corporate hospitality people preferred going straight after work than taking time out of their weekend. Also it was said the players preferred having the weekend free (which is, to me, a bit like a vicar saying he would prefer not working on a Sunday!)

Think a bit of a mix would be ideal. Sundays are better as i'm not traveling home from work its also a normally afternoon kick off time so i can take my family. However i enjoy fridays i love the evening atmosphere and a few beers round cliif after. Must admit think the attendances would go up if most fixtures were on sundays. Some more sheffield super league fans might just come down DV to enjoy a game.

• 3 months later...

does anyone know when the season does start? Am deffinatley going to watch a few this season. Games against the likes of Cas, Dewsbury and Leigh should get a few thousand there fingers crossed.

Aslo good to her Sky are going to broadcast games on a Thursday... the more exposure to the game outside the superleague the better.

Archived