Look at my photographs of sheffield!

pete_fcs

Fantanstic! I left Sheffield in 1998 so it's nice to see some old pics.

Are your originals available to buy at all..?

hi kt530

sorry for the delay replying and to the others not yet replied!

i will be making some prints and putting them in rare and racey on division street in the new year.

thanks for the comment!

:):thumbsup:

Some good SNAPS there, I thought that some of them could have been cropped better or composition and depth of field given more thought to, and some of them lack foreground interest, with 1 or 2 not quite in focus, however but not bad for a starting point!

hi fred!

thanks for the comments, i agree about most of what you said, there is always room to improve 'em!

pete

:)

thanks pete_fcs for sharing your pics, being brought up around hillsborough and hanging around on the kelvin flats, your pics brought back memories. cheers!! kaz x

thanks kaz!

glad you liked 'em, i lived on kelvin too so i probably saw you knockin' about!

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

some more photographs have been added today:

victoria hall norfolk street:

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/sheffieldarchives/?action=view&current=victoriahallnorfolkstreet.jpg

also in the people section:

the nihilistics (sheffield band) in sharrow:

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/sheffieldarchives/people/?action=view&current=terrymattyflats.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
thanks Nooka!

you are right of course about adding dates. i thought people would enjoy guessing when they are from but i shall eventually put dates to them!

:)

absolutely supper... wow did they bring back memories.. my favourite being the hole in the road....you have it in your mind but wow.. did that help i thnk personally they have spoilt it.. progress isn't always good..

max

absolutely supper... wow did they bring back memories.. my favourite being the hole in the road....you have it in your mind but wow.. did that help i thnk personally they have spoilt it.. progress isn't always good..

max

i used to love the hole in the road too...what a concept.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/sheffieldarchives/HOLEINTHEROAD.jpg

sheffield was way ahead of any other city with structures like hole in't'road, hyde park flats (the one that got demolished and buried in the hole in't'road) etc.

by the way, the hole in road photo is in rare and racey bookshop a the top of division street, for sale, signed and numbered limited edition (*gets book out on pschology of selling*).

UPDATE 13TH FEB 2007: someone's bought it! i will supply some more pictures to rare and racey as soon as i can, including a drawing of the town centre done in the style of a woodcut print!

at time of writing there is one picture left in the shop for sale!

Archived