Artisan...last night

boosh

Went there last night....food great service was something else(and i mean suberb).

Fantastic place.....great for a special occaision....or if you can afford it go as a regular!

I am not saying its expensive....is value for money, but you can eat cheaper locally

By the way its at the crosspool end of sandygate road S10

:thumbsup:

• 6 months later...
Went there last night....food great service was something else(and i mean suberb).

Fantastic place.....great for a special occaision....or if you can afford it go as a regular!

I am not saying its expensive....is value for money, but you can eat cheaper locally

By the way its at the crosspool end of sandygate road S10

:thumbsup:

Havent we got a member called Artisan ? Very interested in this place, is it just a resuarant or a pub.(we usually go to Crosspool Tavern)

• 3 years later...

I've only been twice, but I was underwhelmed, given what I was expecting. The place was certainly no worse than satisfactory and in many ways was better. To give credit where it is due, the ambience, setting and service were excellent.

The food was I felt above average, but it should have been better for the price. It has attempted to stake a claim as Sheffield's best restaurant and I honestly dont think it is.

The main let downs were the wine list and specifically the lack of knowledge in how to treat wine. Perhaps we were just unlucky...

Given the food was only above average I do not think the price was justified (luckily I wasnt paying each time).

So, I doubt you will have a bad time, but I cannot specifically recommend it.

Archived