Did anyone here go to High Storrs school?

I didnt go to High storrs but my kids do now, but i used to know someone from way back, who i think went there, does anyone remember a Michael Womersley? In the 80,s he would have gone there.

I knew A Michael Womersley, not from HS though, he had two sisters. I think he lived near he school and would possibly have gone there.

I knew A Michael Womersley, not from HS though, he had two sisters. I think he lived near he school and would possibly have gone there.

Hi steptoad, oh ok, i wasnt sure if he went there or not, i knew he lived around there. Do you know anything about him now?

There was a girl in my class at Abbeydale Grange called Ann/e Womersley. it's an uncommon enough name to make me think they could be related?

Hi steptoad, oh ok, i wasnt sure if he went there or not, i knew he lived around there. Do you know anything about him now?

No, I always wondered where he was now. I can ask around to see if any friends of friends know of his current status.

Edited by Steptoad
Corrected a basic spelling mistake.

hi steptoad, your right mick did live very near school, opposite on huntley grove. i went to high storrs but not sure which school he went to.

didn't know him too well but every kid round about knew about him. bit of a lad back then to say the least!!!

have'nt heard of him since i left home on high storrs road 1989ish..

My years at HSGS were 59 to 65.Just read through the thread and recognize a lot of names of teachers who obviously taught on long after I left. SEP was my first form master in 1B,still remember much of the register so they must have drummed something into me.(Ainsworth,Arch,Atkinson,Barefoot,Booth!Bridgeman,Brown,Charles,Dawson,Dyson,Eyres,Freeman...............Venimore,Wileman.Thereafter,we were streamed into A,B,C,D forms which pretty much remained unchanged through the following years.

Dick Bate was probably the outstanding footballer at the time ,and I believe went some way in the game as an assistant to Warnock.

Also remember one year when we had to play Rugby because that was Ron Trotters preference.I was not a convert.

The sports day was always a major event and the athletes that spring to mind,all older than me were Fenton - sprinter,Bagshawe - cross country,Tupholme high jump.

Also remember the house names Trojans,Saxons,Jutes,Goths all with their distinctive colours.

There were obviously some very good teachers who commanded respect.A few others who must have had a rough time.I seem to remember one scandal when someone put sugar in the petrol tank of Taffy Williams?????

I never did see Mack smile,just remember him as an ominous presence as he strolled the corridors.Griff was a lot more human and got me through O level French.

My years at HSGS were 59 to 65.Just read through the thread and recognize a lot of names of teachers who obviously taught on long after I left. SEP was my first form master in 1B,still remember much of the register so they must have drummed something into me.(Ainsworth,Arch,Atkinson,Barefoot,Booth!Bridgeman,Brown,Charles,Dawson,Dyson,Eyres,Freeman...............Venimore,Wileman.Thereafter,we were streamed into A,B,C,D forms which pretty much remained unchanged through the following years.

Dick Bate was probably the outstanding footballer at the time ,and I believe went some way in the game as an assistant to Warnock.

Also remember one year when we had to play Rugby because that was Ron Trotters preference.I was not a convert.

The sports day was always a major event and the athletes that spring to mind,all older than me were Fenton - sprinter,Bagshawe - cross country,Tupholme high jump.

Also remember the house names Trojans,Saxons,Jutes,Goths all with their distinctive colours.

There were obviously some very good teachers who commanded respect.A few others who must have had a rough time.I seem to remember one scandal when someone put sugar in the petrol tank of Taffy Williams?????

I never did see Mack smile,just remember him as an ominous presence as he strolled the corridors.Griff was a lot more human and got me through O level French.

Great memories RJRB. SEP was also my first form master in 1B ('54). I knew Shaun Fenton very well. I always saw Griff as a stern authority figure, someone to be feared. But I never studied French so my only first hand knowledge of Griff was in the late for school after assembly line. "Hold out your hand, boy." Whack. I was a Jute, btw.

Edited by soft ayperth

• 1 year later...

My dad would have been at High Storrs in those years, Nicky Leong, also his sister Kristine, they're now 43 and 42.

My MIL also went to High Storrs, her names Lorraine Wasden (now Beardwell), but she would have been there in the 1970s, shes the cousin of Darren Wasden (mentioned above)

My dad would have been at High Storrs in those years, Nicky Leong, also his sister Kristine, they're now 43 and 42.

My MIL also went to High Storrs, her names Lorraine Wasden (now Beardwell), but she would have been there in the 1970s, shes the cousin of Darren Wasden (mentioned above)

I was in the same year as Darren Wasden, (and was in the same class as Discovery, on here!)