Did anyone here go to High Storrs school?

I went to High Storrs but long before you lot it seems

1974-1978 I really had a great time there but the 70's were a good time.

"Long before you lot"???

I went there from 1945 -1951 (The bruises on my ass are just about fading now!)

• 1 month later...
I went to High Storrs but long before you lot it seems

1974-1978 I really had a great time there but the 70's were a good time.

One of my colleagues at that time was Margaret Cary - who headed Cary House - and I have learned that Mrs Cary, 90, is recovering from a fall in which she sustained a fractured skull and broken wrist.

I am pleased to say I have heard that she is making progress and on behalf of everyone who knows you Margaret, hope it's not long before you are home and back on your feet. Gesundheit!

An even sadder recollection has just been prompted by my reading a "Memorium" notice in Friday 13th July's "Star", marking the anniversary of the death of Jill Borden who attended the school as Jill Dungworth when a pupil.

Jill returned to the school to teach RE and was cut down by cancer at a far too premature age. Her family will still 'hurt' but her one-time fellow pupils and former colleagues will always remember Jill as having much to offer the pupils with her cheerful disposition and unfailing encouragement.

One of my colleagues at that time was Margaret Cary - who headed Cary House - and I have learned that Mrs Cary, 90, is recovering from a fall in which she sustained a fractured skull and broken wrist.

I am pleased to say I have heard that she is making progress and on behalf of everyone who knows you Margaret, hope it's not long before you are home and back on your feet. Gesundheit!

I remember Mrs Cary but I wasnt in her house I was in Mr Hoffmans who I believe passed away some time ago.

I am surprised she is 90 doesn't time fly by I hope she is feeling better soon.

I remember Mrs Cary but I wasnt in her house I was in Mr Hoffmans who I believe passed away some time ago.

I am surprised she is 90 doesn't time fly by I hope she is feeling better soon.

I reply in haste to report that Mr.Hoffman is alive and well.