Thinking of buying a BMW - anyone got/had one?

316i 4Dr Saloon 1.6

I think this is the model I will be going for. I have read a couple of reviews, and it is all good. The only down side I can find is the higher than average running costs. Can anyone who owns/has owned one confirm this.

know a few ppl who have always swore by them, but have now gone for volvo. my misses incleded. the spec is so much higher, check it out.

Cheers for the advice. What model have you got? My budget is only 3 grand so I'm not sure what I would be able to get.

Cheers for the advice. What model have you got? My budget is only 3 grand so I'm not sure what I would be able to get.

For 3 grand I'd seriously suggest buying a lesser thought of manufacturer but newer car. Try Honda or Toyota maybe.

£3k for a R reg is way too much to pay, have a look at this one advertise on the other forum i go to,it r reg 328i coupe and he wants £1800 not my car but most guys onthat forum look after their cars

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=83530

if the car is good and no major repairs, with its built quality its a much better buy then a newer ford/vauxhall,

I had a BMW 316i (94) before I emigrated and it was fantastic. I only didn't bring it with me due to the high import cost and it didnt have aircon (a must in this country). As long as you have FSH and a fist full of bills to back up the stamps, and perhaps get a HPI check done you won't go far wrong. For servicing I always used Newhall Motors on Newhall Road S9 and they were reasonably priced and suprisingly honest too. No connection to them just a happy customer. Bear in mind it was about 3 years since I've used them though.

Archived