Best rock gigs you've seen at the City Hall

Saw Slade and Suzi Quatro whan I was about 11. Anyone recall the Black Sabbath gig that ended early. Everything just went dead after they were blown off by Van Halen.

I stumbled across an AC/DC gig one night, we were walking past and the doormen had the doors open at the side and let me and my mate in for a quid each. Must have been about 1980.

Thought UFO were dire. Saw Rush a few times and Steve Hillage (not as uncool as Gong but getting there).

I was also at the Feelgood gig aged a mere 13 years. Didn't get Alberto Y Trios at all. It was so hard to hear decent music in those days unless there was someone to ordain us youngsters

and lend us some decent albums.

Originally posted by Bloomdido

Saw Slade and Suzi Quatro whan I was about 11. Anyone recall the Black Sabbath gig that ended early. Everything just went dead after they were blown off by Van Halen.

I stumbled across an AC/DC gig one night, we were walking past and the doormen had the doors open at the side and let me and my mate in for a quid each. Must have been about 1980.

Thought UFO were dire. Saw Rush a few times and Steve Hillage (not as uncool as Gong but getting there).

I was also at the Feelgood gig aged a mere 13 years. Didn't get Alberto Y Trios at all. It was so hard to hear decent music in those days unless there was someone to ordain us youngsters

and lend us some decent albums.

bloomdido you named after a certain gong members alter ego "bloomdido bad de grass"? :)

ive seen gong a couple of times, once in sheff i think.......refrectory? and once at glastonbury fest

Yeah. Didier Malhide I believe. When translated malhide becomes 'bad grass'. Never saw Gong but a friend was obsessed and used to take me outside on winter nights to show me the flying teapots. Must have been all the nutmeg and banana skins he was smoking.

Don't know where the 'Bloomdido' came from - Oh just looked it up, a Charlie Parker album.

http://www.planetgong.co.uk

Can you believe Angels Egg is on sale at Tesco for £6.74?

Originally posted by Bloomdido

Yeah. Didier Malhide I believe. When translated malhide becomes 'bad grass'. Never saw Gong but a friend was obsessed and used to take me outside on winter nights to show me the flying teapots. Must have been all the nutmeg and banana skins he was smoking.

Don't know where the 'Bloomdido' came from - Oh just looked it up, a Charlie Parker album.

http://www.planetgong.co.uk

Can you believe Angels Egg is on sale at Tesco for £6.74?

didier malherbe

pierre moerlen died a couple of months back :(

love some of his gong albums too.....gazeuse and shamahl

angel eggs the best

went to see Black Sabbath when I was about 15, can't remember the year. But it was great... :headbang: Apart from the guy in front of me who kept whiping me with his hair as he was headbanging