Sheffields Jewish Community.

Overall I think the Jewish Community are the friendliest people you could ever meet. This was my experience when I lived in Golders Green north London for a couple of years. it was probaly the safest area of North london to be in If there was any trouble it came from people outside the area such as the extreme right wing groups.

Sheffield doesnt seem to have a big Jewish Community nor a big Seikh community. All other ethnic minority groups seem to be well reresented in Sheffield. Not sure of the reason for this but I do think their definetley is a big anti Jew acceptance within some Sheffield estates such as Parson cross I know the graffiti their is totally uncalled for and very offensive.:o

I live directly opposite the synagogue off Psalter Lane and trust me, there are still lots of Jews in Sheffield. Trying to get out of my drive on a Friday night or Saturday is a nightmare. Apparently parking in the synagogue car park is forbidden but driving to just next to it then parking on the street is not.

I live directly opposite the synagogue off Psalter Lane and trust me, there are still lots of Jews in Sheffield. Trying to get out of my drive on a Friday night or Saturday is a nightmare. Apparently parking in the synagogue car park is forbidden but driving to just next to it then parking on the street is not.

That's so funny, nothing changes. I used to live on Botanical Road and I was very popular on Fridays, as I had parking for about five cars at the back of my house ...

They're supposed to walk to the synagogue, interpreted by most of the people I knew, as walking the last 50 yards :P

Archived