Those darned socks! Do you remember them?

shoeshine

Does anyone remember the time when darning socks was an almost everyday task for wives and mothers? :)

These days, with the advent of new materials and woollen mixtures it's a past art.

Do people still wear socks with the big toe peeping out? :hihi:

Most of my socks as a boy were darned by either my mum or my gran!!I hated it!!you could feel the darned bit all the time either on your toes or at the heel!!I think thats why today I hardly ever wear socks even under my bike boots!!!!:)

Does anyone remember the time when darning socks was an almost everyday task for wives and mothers? :)

These days, with the advent of new materials and woollen mixtures it's a past art.

Do people still wear socks with the big toe peeping out? :hihi:

Boy you were molly-coddled :hihi: , from being a teenager I had to darn me own My most treasured possession was a 'mushroom' with a light in it.

At £2 for a pack of five pairs socks are a throw away item these days so it's long time since I've darned any of mine :)

One of my granddaughters wears socks that are like gloves with a compartment for each toe, - they must be a darner's nightmare :o

Archived