Did Anybody Go To King Ecgberts?

• 3 months later...
I remember Vicki, she was in my class along with Ann Rawdon, Vivienne Bell, Susan Barrett, Ann Pitts, Denise Keogh. I was the one who ran down the classroom and flew into the air and broke her leg just before the GCSE exam were due. I remember Miss Garrison, Miss Singleton, who I found very scary, Miss Byard, Miss Griffiths, who did have a problem controlling the girls most of the time, and I can remember one year we had a new glamourous History teacher whose name I forget who wore really tight, short skirts and make up and made all the others look dowdy. She was very nice though. Wasn't very academically clever but still lived to tell the tale.

Mrs Rodgers was the fabby History teacher - we were all used to poor old Miss Lant? was it?? droning on then Mrs Rodgers arrived and what a breath of fresh air. Great history teacher - she made it interesting enough for me to get a Grade 1 'O' Level. Don't think Kitty Coates liked the bright red nail varnish though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Yes! I was there from 1958-1963. Miss Coates was headmistress, and the most awful music teacher (I forget her name). Maroon and blue uniforms with beret! I now live in the US wow memories!

The music teacher was called Miss Hopwood