Did Anybody Go To King Ecgberts?

I went to King Ecgberts in 1958 when it was an all girls school and Miss Coates was our Headmistress. I can't believe she has just celebrated her 100th birthday. I remember being hauled in front of her because my fringe was covering one eye - it was immediately gripped back!!!

• 4 weeks later...

i left in 2001 i think it was. remember Mr (finish his) appleoff ha ha he used to love that one. what was the name of that teacher with the twitch used to wink alot. miss white the maths teacher who was a larger lady and kept multi pack kit Kat's in her desk. Mr smiles was cool and he used to be a street fighter lol that was what people said anyway. remember caretakers smoking room in Wessex and the apple orchard before they cut it down. Mr rouse looked like a man in 70s fancy dress with his shirt half open hairy chest and medalion.

I'm 40 too, Mrs Carlson.. I'm speechless.

I see Mr Goodwin walking through Woodseats dropping kids off at school, he seems to have aged well too.

The teachers couldn't have been as old as we thought when we were at school . i would swear mrs carlson was in her late 5o's at the time i was there ,over 25 years ago and mr applehoff must have been mid 40's . everyone over 18 was mega old at school ;)

• 2 weeks later...