Did Anybody Go To King Ecgberts?

I just read all the threads and find it all fasinating,i was a pupil 1979-82.Can i just put a word in for "I'm Mrs Havard and i teach history" she sat on her teachers desk swinging her legs and told us all about the Renaissance was fantastic,she drove a cool 1960's Mini too.

Also forever greatful to Mrs Fells, she taught us well,her dishcloths were impecably clean,boiled up in the twintub.

Who remembers Mr Mee and the tin cupboard with an ancient black and white T.V and primative computer ?:cool:

Hi

Went there when the school first opened 1957.the headmistress was Miss Coates known as Kitty Cotton.Coates was a well known firm selling cotton items and most weeks she asked everyone to bring in some money for the school kitty!

There was an article about her last month when she celebrated her 100th Birthday

In 1957 it was state of the art in schools,all girls and just one male teacher Mr Shaw who taught Commerce Shorthand and Typing.

I also went there at that time and rmember kitty coates and mr shaw there was also another chap who was a bit camp can't remember his name. remember the dances at inner time and the plays at xmas.

I was there 1961-1967, this thread has brought back loads of memories. Maggiebell...this history teacher I think you mean was Miss Crowther, now dont ask me how on earth I remembered that cos half the time I cant remember what I did yesterday...classic sign of alzheimers I think!! Anyway I started off in 1o and finished off in secretarial 6th with Mr Shaw.

• 2 months later...

I also went to King Ecgberts.....82 to 87 i think.....Been reading thru the 13 pages with great interest, I remember Mr Applehoff, Mr Smiles, headteacher was Mr Able, I also remember Mr Goodwin marrying my Sister!!! The wedding evening consisted of me smoking in front of all the teachers......nothing they could do.....

Wonderful days :hihi:

Ah,Eggies - I can still remember Wessex and Mercia now. Not only did I spend an eventful 5 years of my life there between 1985-1990,but had further links with the place because my mum both cleaned and for a time was a dinner lady there too. I was even in "Our Day Out" too! Although people move about,out of the 220+ people I have as Facebook friends,I can safely say that a large percentage of them are people that were either in the same class,the same year,or the one below. I'm even out for a pint with one of my mates from school tonight - we worked out recently we've known each other almost 25 years,and being going out for a regular ale every Saturday for at least 20 of them!

Frank Abel was Headteacher at the time - his deputy being Peter Salway (who I never really saw eye to eye with),then Stan "The Man" Duke , but during my time there , there were a lot of the names that have already been mentioned here plus a few others besides...

Roger Ray - Someone I wish I'd had time to thank for his support as my head of year throughout my time,an excellent teacher,and all round good man when off site (anybody who went to La Clusaz and Le Pradet will know) and only guy who thought having a 2CV was cool...

Iain Johnston - Never known a man who went ski-ing so many times a year!

Malcolm Rogers - Mr "Athletics" himself. The only qualified long jump official I can think of who teaches in Sheffield!

John Mee - Form tutor of a class that gave you an number of Ecgbert legends and a Top 40 recording artist (worked out who she is and who I am yet?)

David Wilson - Science?Fun?You bet your bottom dollar...

Ron Margetts - the only guy I know that quit teaching to go and play with Lego (literally! He got a job with them!)

Tom Smiles - Ask him about his love for Sunderland FC and you had no need to do History for the rest of the afternoon !

Peter Warburton - The man who made English Language that worthwhile I got an "A" in it for GCSE

Ted Croot - Old school Biology teacher but a top man to boot

Derek Bagguley/Geoff Bowers/Tony Adams - CDT legends! Do you remember Adams pride and joy - his immaculate Mk4 Ford Cortina?

John Wade - my mate used to go out with his daughter !

Derek B Spiers - affectionately known as "the Bad Young Brother" after the rapper of the same name in the late 80's.Bore a remarkable resemblance to the Skeleton in the Scotch Video Tape Adverts!

Plus John Applehoff,Derek Agar,Christine Flack,Mr Bowen,Mrs Withers,Miss Sara,Mrs Ferdinand,Mrs Fitzpatrick,Mrs Pass,Mrs Richardson,Mr Robson,Mr White (Spitfire),Mr Lancaster (Bomber)(which meant we had a Spitfire and a Lancaster at the same time!),Mr Goodwin,Mr Rouse,Mr Waller,Mr Hodgson,Mr Marsh,Miss Bari,Mrs Carlson,Mrs Beach,Mrs Harris,Mrs Plant,Mrs Lewis ...the list could go on and on....

You must have been there the same time as me!! 86 - 91 I was at Eggies. Mr Waller was my form tutor!!

Mr Marsh! That's the one. Always grinning & doing things with ticker tape...But who was the German teacher with the pencilled on eyebrows?

Does anyone know what happened to Mr Marsh ?

Where he is now ?

I`d like to know what he thinks of my website, I`m pretty sure he`d like it !