Did Anybody Go To King Ecgberts?

• 3 months later...

I did, but only for year 7 until end of year 8. :rolleyes: I had a bit of a disagreement with a few of the teachers and we thought it best I left. :o I'm 23 now, nearly 24. Can't be bothered to work out what years that would have been.

My son attended between 1990 & 1995 and didn't care for it. I think I know what he meant as it appeared very bland and without any soul to me. He attended Totley County prior to moving up and that was a very friendly and welcoming place.

He made a lot of friends at Ecgberts that he keeps in touch with and none of them have fond memories of the place. What I noticed is that on leaving Ecgberts most of his male friends (himself included) went through a multitude of career changes before settling on a job that they liked. So from a parents pespective I consider it to have been lacking in direction, things may be different now.

• 2 weeks later...

i go to king ecgberts now :) i'm in my last year though. i just realised, our school has been open for 50 years this year :) i reckon it should be celebrated somehow :) does anyone know anything on the history of our school?

and p.s. it is a bit of a crap school but ther are some AMAZING teachers :) that makes up for it

i left in '84. i remember ...Mrs Carlson - history teacher , Mr Smiles -RE. Miss plumtree- PE, Mr Applehoff- Maths. Mr Bowen - Geography, Mr Nuttall - head of Isolation unit ( not sure whether he actually taught any particular subject)Mrs Barr and Mrs Lewis both taught French if i remember correctly. Great days, i just didn't appreciate it at the time .