Did Anybody Go To King Ecgberts?

• 5 months later...

Yes, I went to King Ecberts Technical School for Girls 1958. Used to travel from Shiregreen bus or tram to town then bus to either Totley Brook Road, or Dore Village, dependant on how I felt! My best friend was Susan Coupe, we went everywhere together, I remember Susan Levesey, Jacqueline Hutton (red hair and sucked her thumb), Felicity Patton ( think that's how it's spelt). Vanya Thompson, she lived near me and we often travelled to school together. I remember a girl called Jean, can't remember her surname, she was the oldest in the class and I was next oldest. I can also remember quite a few of the teachers, Miss Essenhigh!! What a monster, loved Mrs Rogers, and Kitty Coates, resembled a little bat floating down the corridors with her black gown flapping and her hands tucked in her sleeves. Remember morning assembly? All teaching staff processing on to the stage, with Miss Coates following, last on stage, to the sound of some classical music or other. Miss Hopwood would play the piano while we sang morning hymns. She wasn't such a bad old stick, she and Miss Byard took a group of us on a tour of Switzerland and Italy, we sneaked out at night to go to the local night spots, never got caught! Fond fond memories. Could carry on for hours, but that's all for now!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow,this has brought back some impressive memories! Mr. Duke a tall Canadian maths teacher I remember was excellent. Also Mr. Lancaster and Mrs. Neal got me through biology and Mrs. Ferdinand was an awesome (literally!) chemistry teacher. Mrs. Francis was my form tutor and taught maths. Good times, left 1995.

• 4 months later...

Hi all. I was wondering if there any on here. from 1982-1985. I remember Mr Salway ( dep head lower school) Mrs Havard. Mr cartwright (Dep head Upper school) Mr Nuttall ( head case lol ) Mr White aka ( Spit firrrrrre ) I remember loads from my form and year. M\ry White Lynn , Michelle law. Eddie Dunn, David Taylor, Andrea Ailsbrook I think that's how you spell it... lol the twins Sally and Louise I think her sister was called.

Edited by Bean Head

• 4 weeks later...