Weston Park Museum - Sat 14th Grand opening

Gadgetgirl

Welcome to the forum mister_hex, and thank you for reporting your findings to those who couldn't be there.

It's a shame if the atmosphere of the place has been removed, but that's what they call progress.

Thanks for the welcome!

The atmosphere is indeed lacking- it may just be a matter of personal aesthetics but none of it seems very permanent, just rather thrown together, like someone had shuffled the plans at random. I'll still be going aagain to have a better look at a quieter time.

Good report Hex.

I went today too. Overall it was very good, I actually quite like the decor, and the staff were very helpful, especially when my daughter fell down a step and cut her knee!

I'd definately go again. My only gripe, the service in the cafe was a little slow, more down to teething troubles with equipment and procedures rather than poor staff and the choice of hot food was very limited. Very good coffee though :)

Good report Hex.

I went today too. Overall it was very good, I actually quite like the decor, and the staff were very helpful, especially when my daughter fell down a step and cut her knee!

I'd definately go again. My only gripe, the service in the cafe was a little slow, more down to teething troubles with equipment and procedures rather than poor staff and the choice of hot food was very limited. Very good coffee though :)

Oh bless! Hope she's okay :)

Sadly we didn't try the cafe as my girlfriend can't eat much in the way of regular food due to illness but I did wonder where the menu was! Oh, and seeing as the cafe was part of one of the region's biggest museums, wouldn't you think they'd put something on the walls?

She's fine thanks Hex, she was a bit shaken up but my antics with a helium balloon soon put things right :)

Basically the only hot food i could see was jacket potatoes, there were a few cold fillings for them, only other food seemed to be sandwiches. I'd say if you really wanted a hot meal then go somewhere else first really

Archived