What would make you go to the Halcyon?

OneSpeed

Hello all :)

I hear the Halcyon is under new management and i was wondering what everybody thought would make it be a brilliant bar again. I heard it used to be really busy, but every time i pass it it looks dead, and it got me to thinking what people would like to see it become, what would turn it around...

i was thinking some decent promos in the day... bloody mary recovery session sundays... spend cash in the forum shops and get discount with your receipt.... get some food on the go.... erm.... that kinda thing, but what about evenings? DJs? Nights? What would work?

What does everyone think?

Cheers OneSpeed :) x

Last time I went it was too expensive and way too busy, it took a good 20 mins to get to the bar.

Also full of pretentious ar*eholes.

got to admit i agree - it has been a good long while since i was there but i tend to stay away as i found alot of the people in there a bit pretentious and i felt as tho people looked down on me as i wasn't dressed in expensive gear....

I hear the Halcyon is under new management and i was wondering what everybody thought would make it be a brilliant bar again. I heard it used to be really busy, but every time i pass it it looks dead, and it got me to thinking what people would like to see it become, what would turn it around...

i was thinking some decent promos in the day... bloody mary recovery session sundays... spend cash in the forum shops and get discount with your receipt.... get some food on the go.... erm.... that kinda thing, but what about evenings? DJs? Nights? What would work?

wasn't very helpful in that last post - you seem to have a few good ideas there, esp the sunday, food would be good but only during the day - i don't think it would work in the evenings.

There seems to be alot of people after venues tho with the fez and that being bought so it may be worth approaching some of the guys that were booted out like pin up, future funk or mybe even UG for smaller parties.

I get the feeling you work there and doing some research?

Wow. Is it really that bad? I had no idea it had such a bad reputation/was so expensive! I don't work there, but i do know someone who's gonna be involved with the interim management until they refurb next year. So yeah, am interested to know what people think, and could pass on any ideas and stuff, but mainly i was just curious, it's not somewhere i know that well... also interesting to see if it could undergo a grand transformation! Maybe i've just got aspirations of social manipulation?!:D

Archived