What would make you go to the Halcyon?

OneSpeed

Do you seriously believe that this is the sort of custom that Halcyon attracts?

What, people who drive cars or are non-drinkers?

Yes, I do.

But to take your spin off it, they would be attracted to Sheffield first, and then if they find a nice, accomodating bar....

I think the problem with the Halcyon is that although it is a cosy little venue, it basically only has one decently themed night and that is Flare Groove. The music is good and caters for the clientelle that goes down there to perfection. A lot of people are talking about ug and i can not see that night fitting in those surroundings and also i think they would not want the overkill as they do pride themselves in selecting venues. When i think of Halcyon, i think of over 21's, with an average age of 28.

So the music must reflect this age group, with out it being too heavy.

Drinks can be a tad expensive but no complaints from me.

One big moan is the sound system. it definately wants sorting out in a big way as it is very poor for a venue of its calibre.

i agree with you about UG it wouldnt work there for one its not big enough and another UG have moved to UNIQ nightclub downstairs every saturday night as from 21st oct :thumbsup:

i agree with you about UG it wouldnt work there for one its not big enough and another UG have moved to UNIQ nightclub downstairs every saturday night as from 21st oct :thumbsup:

I think that is a very positive move for both parties and will lift the profile for both parties also. Uniq can generate a good atmosphere especially downstairs as it is a warehouse style club.

Make sure they don't lower the prices, or if they do, that they don't lower them too much...:thumbsup:

It that just so that people who think that money makes them better people aren't bothered by those of us to that work hard and would like to enjoy a civilised atmosphere for it??!

I think that is a very positive move for both parties and will lift the profile for both parties also. Uniq can generate a good atmosphere especially downstairs as it is a warehouse style club.

yes mate i couldnt agree with you more its ideal for UG its got the perfect vibe with a basement feel to it and a excellent sound system, i do know the management are very happy in welcoming UG to there new home!! may it be a long and happy venture for both parties.

Somewhere else i thought of as an underused venue ........ BANUS!!

Have only been there a couple of times (back when it was Josephines) but from what i can remember it's a good size for a decent house night.

I know it's in the 'townie' bit but i think it's slightly unique setting is good.

Just a thought.

I think the bottom line is that there are simply too many trendy bars in Sheffield, every where you look these days there is a new bar opening. Back in the day if you wanted a classy bar you had the choice of the wig & pen or the halcyon, these days you have the Crystal, Tequila, Takapunas etc.

I think the way forward with Halcyon would be to make it a members only bar that way you are keeping it exclusive and at the same time banning the chavs. Does anyone agree?

Archived