Just curious! Anyone remember a murder in Castleton

manzmanz

A few years ago I used to drink in a pub in Castleton and vaguely remember a local telling me that a young girl (tourist I think) was murdered and that a very young local lad had been jailed.

Its perhaps 20 years ago since the actual murder but to be honest I cannot remember much about what I was told that night and it’s bugged me ever since that I wasn’t listening (or forgot, or just too drunk to remember) and I’ve never found any details about a murder in Castelton on the net

I’m just curious as to what the story was - does anyone remember this happening in Castleton?

nice!

Im racking my brains to remember more about the murder I posted about I think it was someone from the Youth Hostel (but Im not certain Im not mixing that up with another story)

Someone on here must be from that neck of the woods?

That rings a bell now... Its something Ive had in my mind for years but you know what its like its hard to find out stuff once the moments passed, not something easy to ask people about (apart from on here).

Suppose twenty odd years on the lad isnt a lad anymore and must be out. it must have been 8 years since I heard about it and he wasnt out then (from what I recall)